locking all doors on its own?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: locking all doors on its own?

crv|oc Rank: Member

locking all doors on its own?

Okay...Sometimes when I open my car, after about 3-5 seconds the doors decide to lock again without me pressing anything. I unlock my door with the keyless entry button keychain. I open the drivers side door, and then reach for the other doors only to find they have locked up again. It just happened today when I am in a huge rush to take my son to class. ONly today my drivers side door shut by accident, locking my keys and bag inside. Now I have to call triple A. I am trying to refrain myself from angrily bashing my windows in, b/c this stupid car keeps locking itself, and today, I am locked out. Please tell me if this is some ridiculous thing I can disable. If not I will have to sell my car, since I live in Minnesota, where it gets to be below zero. If I get locked out with my children, we could die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Hopefully someone will have the answer you are looking for.
    Until then, ALWAYS carry a spare key or hide one on the vehicle just for emergencies like this. You can just have a key, not necessarily a keyless remote.
    Buffalo4
    PS:You should also post the year and model of your CR-V.
    PPS: Whoops, didn't see the year and model under your name.
    Last edited by Buffalo4; 09-22-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Correction

Super Moderator
    Do you have an aftermarket alarm by chance?

The reason i ask is that the 2006 CRV has the key and remote combined in one unit. It does not have a seperate remote for the keyless.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    I think on mine if i use the keyless unlock and then don't open any doors for x amount of time it automatically relocks. I have never had it lock with the door open though. I don't think it is even possible to lock a honda with the door open unless you hold the handle. Or did yours lock after the door closed itself?

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I've actually had the same problem with my 06 as well. The best advice I can give, is make sure that you always keep your keys on you, in your hand or in your pocket. You don't want to open the car, leave your keys on the seat and go to grab stuff to load and come back to find the car locked. I believe that this is a safety option and I do not know how to disable it.
    I have not been stranded or locked out at any point, but I ive by the advice that I gave you, I have my keys on a carabeaner and hooked to my belt loop until I am in the car and ready to start it.
    Good Luck,
    Regards,

Harvey - 2006 CRV EX 5spd M/T: SOLD 8/18/11

uggg

Do you have an aftermarket alarm by chance?"

Nope...no aftermarket alarm. I just made a spare key today finally.....I was SO annoyed!

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    On page 86 of my 2010 CRV manual, it talks about Door Locks. I disabled auto door locks because I don't like the doors locking on their own when I get in the car. There are instructions as to how to activate/deactivate. Could you possibly reset your auto door locking on or off and correct your problem?

My crv does this too, I believe the switch in the door jam is broken. The overhead light doesn't come on when I open the door to exit the car. The driver side for me is broken . After remotely unlocking the car , if I open the front passenger side door , the car doesn'r automatically lock.

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements