2010 tire low pressure light help!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 tire low pressure light help!

crv|oc Rank: Member

2010 tire low pressure light help!

My fiance has an 2010 crv yesterday the low pressure warning light came on.. Checked tires and they were all about 25 psi so i filled them to 30psi and light is still on. put 32psi in each and light still on? Do I have to reset something? could it be a bad sensor? Or is my gauge off, I have always thought my gauge to be very accurate.. should i put more air in and see if it goes off? or what? what kinds of tire gauges do you find to be accurate? digital or the old ones?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    It could be your tire pressure tool is inaccurate but it may be you have not driven it long enough. Double check the pressure with another tool then take it out on the highway. I don't remember the exact amount but it could take up to 20 miles and/or 20 minutes above 20 MPH for it to reset.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    As Gravy said, you need to drive the car around. To extend the life of the internal batteries in the sending units, there is a little ball-bearing switch that is turned on by the centrifugal force of the turning wheel. I keep my tires in the 30-32psi range.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    A few weeks ago I took a trip from the Catskill mountains in NY (700' above sea level) to Maine (at Sea level) and my pressure warning light came on. I had to add a few pounds of air. The light stayed on until I had driven about a mile then went out.

Does the vehicle also measure the spare? I have a friend with a Rav4 and we scratched our heads and read the owners manual and sure enough it also monitors the spare tire.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by andersn View Post
    Does the vehicle also measure the spare? I have a friend with a Rav4 and we scratched our heads and read the owners manual and sure enough it also monitors the spare tire.
    The Honda system only measures the 4 fulls size tires....The spare isn't monitored.

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzurd View Post
    The Honda system only measures the 4 fulls size tires....The spare isn't monitored.
    That's too bad, as the spare is often overlooked/neglected.

But even then... it will only be flat on the bottom...
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbuff2 View Post
    That's too bad, as the spare is often overlooked/neglected.

But even then... it will only be flat on the bottom...
    I was at a Honda meeting last week an it was mentioned the the next generation TPMS system will be able to handle 16 sensors programmed at once over the current 4.

Hi
    I have a 2011 CRV, when the low pressure light came on, i went to Honda and a Tech there said, there are no sensors it works using the ABS system and rolling road circumference.
    To reset
    use the i button on steering wheel ,hold it down to enter dash language change, scroll to next screen should be tyres, follow commands, job done.
    I was told needs to be done on checking tyre pressures and tyre change.
    Hope this works for you.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    ^^^^ Where on earth are you, johnpb? Buttons on the steering wheel? ABS system to monitor tire pressure? Not on North American CRV's.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements