Low oil light constantly flashing
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low oil light constantly flashing

crv|oc Rank: Member

Low oil light constantly flashing

Hi, The low oil warning light (amber colour) on my 2007 CR-V has recently come on. I checked the oil and it was a bit low so i topped it up to the maximum level but the light is still on. It's been constantly flashing for the last week.
    I've checked that there are no oil leaks and the last full oil change was done only 6 months ago (7000 miles done since).
    I'm not keen on paying 80 for an oil and filter change to see if that fixes the problem. Is there something else (cheaper) i can try to find the cause of the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

It doesn't happen often but replace the oil fiter. I have encountered oil filters where the filter media has collapsed internally.
    Just a thought.

Low oil

Low oil indicator usually means low oil pressure in the engines lubricating system.
    1. A clog oil filter will reduce flow, leading a low pressure.
    2. Thick sludge in oil sump can also clog up the inlet of the oil pump.
    3. A failed sender unit.
    3. Failing oil pump.

thanks to both of you for replying.
    I'm off to get the filter changed and see if that fixes the problem. Will let you know how i get on.

Oil Light

Red Oil light = Oil Pressure
    yesllo/Amber = low oil
    I had the same problem on my CRV turned out to be a fuse problem under the hood (fues was gone) dont remember which one it was but check ur fuses...

Taken the car to the garage ... The filter is fine and there is more than enough oil in the car.
    They're going to keep the car in and do some tests to find out what the problem is.

Patrykl...I'll ask them to check the fuse. I hope it is something as simple as that. cheers.

oil light

yeah I was going mad and even overfilled the car with oil then noticed the fuse was gone this did the trick hopefully urs will be something simple as that

for anyone interested...
    I got the engine oil light problem fixed. My local garage reset the electrics in the car (they connected it up to some machine which tells them all the fault codes and then they clear them) and the light has not come on again. The mechanic said that if it was a genuine problem (e.g. oil pump or something else) than the light should come back on. Luckily it hasn't. Cost 25.

diff noise

was ur diff noise similar to this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiEw6iTy7Q

Wondering if anybody else has had a problem with this yellow flashing oil warning light, my 2008 diesel crv is just about to go onto its third new pressure switch, cause this light comes on and stays on. First instance was just before its first service in 2009, then again in 2011 and now three days after a service its back again. First two were replaced under warranty, don't think I'm going to get a warranty replacement this time cause the service was done by a non Honda garage. Made sure the garage put Honda approved oil in, and that they were aware of the problem before they did the service. Is it just my car is this endemic in the CRV's?

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements