SRS problem after Disconnect the battery
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

    Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: SRS problem after Disconnect the battery

  1. #1
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4

    SRS problem after Disconnect the battery

    i just disconnect battery for about 15 minutes for battery change
    now my SRS light cannot turn ON for a while , and the seat belt chimes gone off
    can somebody know how to make it normal ?
    edit : My Cr-V is 3rd Gen , 2009

    thanks

    Jeffry
    Last edited by XNet3D; 01-05-2011 at 09:16 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    46
    Try trip reset button.

    Press the trip button for 1 min and see if it rest the SRS error.
    If there is a problem the light will reappear.

    there was a discussion on it here
    2002 SRS Light

  4. #3
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    thanks for your advice
    my problem is not the light turn on ,
    and i lost the seat belt chimes

    usually after the key turn to on position
    the srs light will illuminate for about 3 seconds , then turn off [ correct me if i wrong ]
    and the seat belt chimes will function if i am not wear it

  5. #4
    crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario canada
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by XNet3D View Post
    i just disconnect battery for about 15 minutes for battery change
    now my SRS light cannot turn ON for a while , and the seat belt chimes gone off
    can somebody know how to make it normal ?
    edit : My Cr-V is 3rd Gen , 2009

    thanks

    Jeffry
    What Doc2me said! If the sensor is bad or the unit is bad, you may no longer get a warning light or chimes. Check for SRS DTC code 15-1 or 15-3 or others. Your vehicle is not mentioned below in Docs link but that does not mean yours can't fail. One more thing of interest, will the radio still work or did you have to use the code to restart it?

    NOTE: Because of a class action settlement, the
    warranty extension coverage for the OPDS unit and the
    OPDS sensor on 2002 Accords, 2002–04 Civics,
    2003–04 Civic Hybrids, 2002–04 CR-Vs, 2003
    Elements, 2002 Odysseys, and 2003–04 Pilots
    purchased or leased between April 13, 2002, and
    November 7, 2006, is now 10 years or 157,500 miles,
    whichever occurs first. For more information, refer to
    Service Bulletin 06-085, Warranty Extension: Vehicle
    Warranty Mileage.
    Several vehicle models may have a problem with the
    OPDS (occupant position detection system) that
    causes the SRS indicator to stay on. Typically, one or
    more of these DTCs will be set:
    • SRS DTC 15-1 (faulty OPDS unit or OPDS not
    initialized)
    • SRS DTC 15-2 (faulty side airbag indicator circuit)
    • SRS DTC 15-3 (faulty OPDS sensor)

    To avoid this problem in the future battery changes you can first parallel connect another 12V battery to the vehicle connection wires before you disconnect the old battery.
    Last edited by fixer; 01-05-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: added text

  6. #5
    crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by doc2mee View Post
    Try trip reset button.

    Press the trip button for 1 min and see if it rest the SRS error.
    If there is a problem the light will reappear.

    there was a discussion on it here
    2002 SRS Light
    It actually sounds like the SRS light problem is that is does NOT come on and that the 'seat belt' chimes no longer work.
    I may be wrong, but that is my take.
    Buffalo4

  7. #6
    crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario canada
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo4 View Post
    It actually sounds like the SRS light problem is that is does NOT come on and that the 'seat belt' chimes no longer work.
    I may be wrong, but that is my take.
    Buffalo4
    That is exactly what he is trying to say Did you read my post?

  8. #7
    crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    That is exactly what he is trying to say Did you read my post?
    Yes, I did, but somehow it did not register properly.
    Buffalo4

  9. #8
    crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario canada
    Posts
    1,037
    Ah, the English language, at best a puzzle, and then I get a hold of it.

  10. #9
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    That is exactly what he is trying to say Did you read my post?
    yes , that's what i want to say ...
    sorry for my bad english

  11. #10
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    i changed the radio already , so it's work , no need for code

    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    What Doc2me said! If the sensor is bad or the unit is bad, you may no longer get a warning light or chimes. Check for SRS DTC code 15-1 or 15-3 or others. Your vehicle is not mentioned below in Docs link but that does not mean yours can't fail. One more thing of interest, will the radio still work or did you have to use the code to restart it?

    NOTE: Because of a class action settlement, the
    warranty extension coverage for the OPDS unit and the
    OPDS sensor on 2002 Accords, 200204 Civics,
    200304 Civic Hybrids, 200204 CR-Vs, 2003
    Elements, 2002 Odysseys, and 200304 Pilots
    purchased or leased between April 13, 2002, and
    November 7, 2006, is now 10 years or 157,500 miles,
    whichever occurs first. For more information, refer to
    Service Bulletin 06-085, Warranty Extension: Vehicle
    Warranty Mileage.
    Several vehicle models may have a problem with the
    OPDS (occupant position detection system) that
    causes the SRS indicator to stay on. Typically, one or
    more of these DTCs will be set:
    SRS DTC 15-1 (faulty OPDS unit or OPDS not
    initialized)
    SRS DTC 15-2 (faulty side airbag indicator circuit)
    SRS DTC 15-3 (faulty OPDS sensor)

    To avoid this problem in the future battery changes you can first parallel connect another 12V battery to the vehicle connection wires before you disconnect the old battery.

  12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. 2002 - Problem: Died while driving - Battery/Alternator/ECM/Grounds/Belt
    By rreynolds63 in forum Maintenance and Service
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 07:41 AM
  2. SRS light
    By gallan947 in forum Problems & Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 10:47 AM
  3. new battery - petrol gauge problem
    By subdude in forum Problems & Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 05:10 PM
  4. SRS light + battery
    By mheikell in forum Maintenance and Service
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 06:26 AM
  5. Dead Battery - SRS light is on
    By Dustygirl01 in forum Problems & Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 09:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2