2010 CRV - No Power/Cant Start Issue
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2010 CRV - No Power/Cant Start Issue

crv|oc Rank: Member

2010 CRV - No Power/Cant Start Issue

Hi All,

I am not a car buff, but I will try my best to describe my issue as how I experienced it.

I am able to unlock my car using the alarm system on the key (car beeps as doors unlock), but when I put in the key into the ignition, and turn, zero power, nothing happens.

Now, here's the strange part. I get out of my car and close the doors, the alarm goes off. I am able to turn off the alarm with my key (beeps again) and then proceed to lock the door (beeps again).

I decided to give it another shot, so I unlock the doors (beeps), sit in the car and try to turn it on. THis time, i get a quick lightup on the dashboard, but it immediately goes away to no power. I get out of the car and close the doors again, alarm goes off.

Is this a battery thing? or a security system issue? I am very confused. As I said, I am not a car buff at all and have no idea what to even look for.

THanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Sounds like it could be battery. Check to make sure the battery cables are tight and clean on the battery. Turn the headlights on and see if they work. Short of that I would say since it is 2010 it is under warranty.

2010 should still be under warranty. I'd get Honda to check it out first.

So when you put your key in the ignition and turn it on without cranking, none of the dash lights come on? Do the interior lights or headlights work?

From what I understand of the security system, if it's armed and you're inside with the key, you should get dash lights and it should crank but there's a fuel cut so it won't start... could be a malfunctioning security system, could be some electrical short.

You could try disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for a few minutes (make sure you have the radio code) and then reconnect it to essentially "reset" the car...

When i first enter the car, all the interior lights are working. Its when i put the key in the ignition and try to turn it on, everything goes off.

I am trying to call Honda, but they are all at lunch lol. I will try again and see what they say.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by jsy713 View Post
    When i first enter the car, all the interior lights are working. Its when i put the key in the ignition and try to turn it on, everything goes off.

I am trying to call Honda, but they are all at lunch lol. I will try again and see what they say.
    Good idea.
    Most likely an almost dead battery which can be caused by leaving an interior light on (reading light). The dealer should be able to trace it out, but if you have a neighbor and jumper cables (read the owners on how to jumper it safely) you could try that.
    Buffalo4

Thank You all for the help. I popped the hood on my car, something i should do more regularly and get familiar with everything, and found the connector to the battery was loose, basically hanging off. I put it back flush against the battery and tightened it and voila, works.

Something so easy, i should have figured it out myself by just popping the hood. Thanks all for the help!

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements