remove headlight cover
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: remove headlight cover

crv|oc Rank: Member

remove headlight cover

One of my headlight covers is very dirty on the inside. this causes that light to be dimmer than the other. I'd like to remove the cover and clean it good but it's not obvious how to take it off. Is there a link somewhere to some steps on how to do this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Are you sure it is on the inside? Unless your lamps are leaking, it should be clean.

What year is your vehicle? if it is 5 or more years old, it can also be the surface is starting to craze and needs to be repolished.

If it is dirty on the inside, you will need to remove the lamp from the car and put it in an oven to soften the adhesive and pry apart. Not the easiest thing to do.

I never considered that it may be on the outside, since it doesn't wash off. I suppose it could be some sort of oxidation. What would be best to polish it with, ordinary car wax? BTW 1999 model.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    try Plastx
    Switchblade Key Crew #1

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Yes, Plastx is easy to use, I have a small ball that is attached to a cordless drill, put some Plastx on the ball and work it into the lens. Makes sure to use some blue painters tape to tape off the painted surfaces before going at it. Should make a huge difference in appearance.

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    There are many products that allow the "restoration" of clouded, discolored headlight lenses.

Search youtube...here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZg9...eature=related
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

You can separate the lens of the headlight from the body by heating it in an oven, or something like that. But if I wanted to clean the inside i'd just make a long swab thing and poke it through the headlight bulb hole.

I just used car wax on it and it cleaned right up. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by tfret View Post
    I just used car wax on it and it cleaned right up. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    the haze will come back once the wax wears off. Use plastx so it stays clear for longer
    Switchblade Key Crew #1

11. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements