2002 CRV Drivers Door will not open
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2002 CRV Drivers Door will not open

crv|oc Rank: Member

2002 CRV Drivers Door will not open

I have done a search and I have failed to find an answer to this exact question.
    The drivers door has not opened to keyless entry for some time.
    Now the drivers door lock will not open to the key or the inside door knob. The inside door knob is clearly broken and the door remains shut. I have got the inside panel off partially the inside door know is clearly broken, but I cannot work out how to get the door open. Nothing I do seem to work!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    If the inside door pull rod is not returned to a full-rest postion when released (the inside "open" handle doesn't sit all the way back flush) the door latch cannot be unlocked.

If you have the top of the trim panel pulled away from the door, and the window rolled down, you should be able to see and follow (looking down into the door between the glass and the door frame) the inside door pull rod to the lever on the latch where it attaches.

Using a long screw-driver or thin pry-bar you would need to coax the lever rear-ward (usually less than half an inch) and then the door latch can be manually unlocked.

Once opened, the latch assembly will either need to be freed-up and lubricated so that the mechanisms move freely, or the assembly can be replaced.

Sounds like you are door for a new lock actuator as well anyway.
    mook /muk/
    –noun: Slang. An insignificant, contemptible, or incompetent person.

"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent."
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    Motorcycle Riding in West By God Virginia

http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...postcount=3415

crv|oc Rank: Member
    So when all else fails and you cannot open the door on a japanese 2002-2006 crv. remove the visable screw with phelps screw driver. Take a large screwdriver(2 footer) and pry on the visable white plastic until the steel keeper for the actuator releases and the lock will fall into two pieces now you can see a white piece of plastic which when actuated by a screwdriver will open the door... it worked for me. I even was able to reassemble the lock and make it work even though I had broken some plastic but.. going to replace lock for 70 plus dollars.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements