I have a new 2011 crv... and so far, very noisy :(
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a new 2011 crv... and so far, very noisy :(

crv|oc Rank: Member

I have a new 2011 crv... and so far, very noisy :(

I dont know if i'm alone but my old equinox was more quiet than my new cr-v. Today i did 275 km and i thought that i was on a plane. Netx time i'll bring my bose phone with noise canceller lolll

I have roof rack (only honda cross bar, no box on it), i dont know if is only the problem. I ear wind but some road noise too. Do you have any advice.... except plug in my ears

thank you
    Last edited by yanmar; 04-22-2011 at 09:50 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Well, a CR-V is certainly no Equinox, not by a long shot. Might want to see if it's too late to get your money back.

Once you get the Equinox back, if you ever again decide to buy another car, make sure to drive it first. Those brochures are nice, but really, they make every car sound good, so a test drive can really give you a better idea of what a car is like.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Welcome to the CR-V world.
    Lack of power and excessive road noise.

A long test drive and reading of reviews should have let you know about the few negatives of the CR-V..

Edmunds
    Pros

Spacious passenger and cargo areas; straightforward interior controls; nifty family-friendly features; agile handling; exemplary crashworthiness.

Cons

No optional engine upgrade; elevated road noise; transmission lacks manual mode.

"The ride is slightly busier than the norm and road noise can be excessive…"
    Last edited by rocks; 04-23-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    '13 CR-V EX-L w/NAV AWD White Diamond Pearl/Black
    OEM All Season Floor Mats & Cargo Tray | OEM Vent Visors | Splash Guards | Engine Cover | LEDs
    '13 Lexus GS350 AWD Starfire Pearl White/Black Luxury Pkg | NAV

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    Well, a CR-V is certainly no Equinox, not by a long shot.
    I could not agree more. Equinox may very well be quieter, but in terms of just reliability, for the sake of argument, it is not at all like the CR-V by a very long shot.

I know this could trigger multiple posts, but it is no secret that Honda makes a good car, in fact, their cars seem to find their way to the top of ‘best of’ and ‘best selling’ lists everywhere.

yanmar:
    - just in case, check tire pressure and make sure it is at Honda's approximate recommended level.
    - roof racks would definitely and inevitably add some wind noise; take them off if you don't need them. I only use my bike racks when I carry my bikes, but I never leave them on when not in use (they are very easy to remove).
    Last edited by ramosrj; 04-23-2011 at 02:03 PM.

I'm sorry but Equinox, I test drove one a day before driving and buying CRV. 1st Equinox was cheap looking inside, quality of switches and just the overall look was 2nd rate. 2nd its much bigger on outside but not bigger inside. 3rd it drove very soft, breaks were mush and power felt very sluggish. Last to get leather and AWD it would have cost 3 to 4 grand more at that time I was buying. I know this is my opinion but I wasn't in the CRV for 2 blocks before I felt it was much better.
    2010 EXL 4WD
    2008 Suzuki SX4 sport

I would call the suspension firm but supple. Having driven my AWD LX for an extended period over 70mph on different highway surfaces including the excuse for a road surface in Quebec, I would say that the CR-V has less road noise than my wife's '07 Accord.

Of course, the radio sounds great, and it's amazing how much road noise it filters out.
    NRA GOA CSSA
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

yanmar:
    - just in case, check tire pressure and make sure it is at Honda's approximate recommended level.
    - roof racks would definitely and inevitably add some wind noise; take them off if you don't need them. I only use my bike racks when I carry my bikes, but I never leave them on when not in use (they are very easy to remove).
    Yes i will try. When i did a road test with another cr-v without roof rack,the sound wasn't too bad (i think). Maybe the roof rack is my real problem. And i think that ween a thule is installed on it the sound is more quiet.

Bruno
    I like my new cr-v. i bought that. This car is amazing.... my only concern is the noise.

thank you for your help.
    Last edited by yanmar; 04-23-2011 at 04:39 PM.

roof rack bars can definitely be a source of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by ramosrj View Post
    I could not agree more. Equinox may very well be quieter, but in terms of just reliability, for the sake of argument, it is not at all like the CR-V by a very long shot.
    ding ding ding!

Also alot of your road noise is from the factory tires, I am going to wait until I wear the factory ones out and get new ones of course. But by doing this I get to hear the road real well when I am on a long interstate drive.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements