2007 Honda CR-V- A/C issue - blows hot air
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Honda CR-V- A/C issue - blows hot air

crv|oc Rank: Member

2007 Honda CR-V- A/C issue - blows hot air

Hi guys,
    I'm the original owner of a 2007 Honda CR-v purchased brand new off the show room floor May 31, 2007. I love my CR-v. Other then my TPM module going bad and the leather on my driver side arm rest peeling off I have never had a problem with her...until today. I live in Tampa Florida and it gets hot. It was 101 today. The last few days I have noticed my A/C will run cool like normal, however all of a sudden it just started to blow hot air. This was on the Highway going 70+ miles. I turned the A/C off for 5 mins,turned it back on and it blows cool. She did this off the highway at a stop light again. What could the issue be? A/C leak, HVAC filter change, A/C fan, A/C fuse or I'm dreading it could be the compressor. She has 65k miles on her. Out of warranty and I'm a single female that Im afraid will be taken advantage of at the dealer. I'm so sick about it - anyone one with any suggestions please help. Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Could be something as simple as a vacuum hose leak. A/C system is controlled by engine vacuum. Doors inside A/C system open or close to permit either heated or cooled air into the cabin. If vacuum doesn't hold, door closing heat side might be open, allowing heated air to mix with the cold air.

At the same time, check out your cabin air filter. Take everything out of your lower glove box. On right side, unhook holder. Squeeze in back sides so that glove box drops towards floor. Right behind, you should see a black door with clips on the side. Push in clips & pull door towards you. Should see cabin air filter frame. Pull out. Can find replacement filter @ any auto parts shop, or even WallyBox shops for about $20.00. Place new filter back into frame, matching airflow arrows. Push frame back into system, & proceed backwards until you get your glove box door closed.

Kazoo2U - thanks for all the info. I'm going to do that first before taking it to the dealer to have the a/c checked out. Will see if it works and I will post in a few days. Thanks!

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    One more simple thing to check is the fan or fans that operate to draw air over your radiators. There is a rad for the motor and one for the A/C. The fans should both be operating. The A/C one will operate any time the A/C is on, and the motor fan will operate when the motor is up to temp. If the A/c Fan is not coming on with the A/C on then you have a blown fuse or the fan is done. You can verify which fan is which by starting the car when it is cold, turning the air on and then checking to see which fan is running. You will get hot air anytime you are slowed down due to the lack of air flow over the rad. My best guess from the symptoms is a failing fan. You may have to watch it for a while to catch it failed. You can also try running the A/C in the "closed to outside air mode", to see if it makes any difference.

Fixer - hey! That is exactly what it is doing. I think you are 100% correct with it being the A/C fan/ Are these the 2 FANS you were talking about? Thanls so much for your help and suggestions =)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Yes, that would be them. In Florida, they get about 200 times more use then they would here, so I guess mine should last about another 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Yes, that would be them. In Florida, they get about 200 times more use then they would here, so I guess mine should last about another 30 years
    Unless they rust out.

yay!!! I thought my CRV sounded extra quiet lately when its parked with the engine on and the A/C is on full blast. You dont hear the fan running at all. I have a friend who is going to replace the fan for me this weekend. And Fixer you are right - its wayyyyyyy to hot here in Florida compared to Canada! We need our A/C! =)

Fixer- Hey! Quick question...how would I know if it is a fan or the actual motor # 6 in the diagram or just the fan # 5 in the diagram? Do they usually sell this in all one assembly?

Parts #14 & #22 are the fan motors. These are the parts that fail, not the fan blades #5 & #12 themselves.

Had same type of fan setup in 2 different Honda Accords. Had same type of cooling problems. Took it into Honda dealership for analysis. Found out it was the condenser fan motor. If I remember correctly, these motors ain't cheap; cost to replace one with genuine Honda replacement was near $400.00, at that time. Good luck.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements