2005 - Door Lock Brain
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005 - Door Lock Brain

crv|oc Rank: Member

2005 - Door Lock Brain

Is there any way to "disable" the different modes
    of the automatic door locks?

Besides the system being generally annoying,
    (relocks itself after a certain time period, etc.),
    I had an instance recently where the car locked
    itself with the engine running with me outside.
    (Anyone ever had this occur?)

TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratso View Post
    Is there any way to "disable" the different modes
    of the automatic door locks?

Besides the system being generally annoying,
    (relocks itself after a certain time period, etc.),
    I had an instance recently where the car locked
    itself with the engine running with me outside.
    (Anyone ever had this occur?)

TIA
    Welcome to the forum!

As to the first issue - It only relocks if you unlock the doors with the keyless remote and then do not open any door within 30 seconds. This is to prevent you from accidentally unlocking the vehicle as you walk away from it.

It doesn't have a auto-lock feature unless you have an after-market alarm system installed.
    99 V 151k miles, 04 V 62k miles - Both red, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 2RedV's View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

As to the first issue - It only relocks if you unlock the doors with the keyless remote and then do not open any door within 30 seconds. This is to prevent you from accidentally unlocking the vehicle as you walk away from it.

It doesn't have a auto-lock feature unless you have an after-market alarm system installed.
    Hi,

It doesn't have an after-market alarm &
    yes, I know how the "auto-lock" functions.
    Besides this, there's also another annoying
    lock "mode". Here's the scenario: you turn
    off the engine, remove the keys, open the
    door and while holding the door latch open,
    you lock all the doors. Next, and with the
    drivers door still open, you realize that you
    want to get something out of the back seat.
    So, you press "up" on the drivers door lock
    and BLAST, all of the door tabs come up &
    try to unlock, but the "brain" relocks everything
    immediately. So you have to either get back in, close
    the door & unlock them all....or fumble around
    with the remote. What a stupid design. I'd like
    to find the guy who designed this, uh, feature.

Anyway, the real issue for wanting to disarm
    it all, entirely, was due to the car locking itself
    while the keys were in the ignition and motor
    running. I was seated inside, exited & closed
    drivers door, went around to the rear, opened
    the gate, closed it, & then tried to get in. All
    doors were locked! Any ideas? Honda doesn't
    have any.

I will say it again. You must have an aftermarket alarm system of some sort since the 05 does not have an auto-lock feature . I just re-looked thru the 05 Owner's Manual, just to make sure.

Annoying CR-V Locks

I have a 2002 CR-V with the same annoying lock problem! I'm about to rip the thing to shreds to find a way to disable it as it has already locked me out of my car 3 times with the keys inside! Once the dog was in the car on a hot day! Here's the scenario: I pull up, park my car, shut it off and take the key out of the ignition. I open the drivers door, get out, close the door and walk around to one of the passenger side doors but within 30 seconds or so with either passerger door open it locks all the doors!!??!!?!?! It dosn't lock if the rear door or either of the driver side doors are open. Another odd thing is that I can press the lock button on the key fob with either passenger side doors open and it locks. If any of ther other doors are open it won't lock.

This pisses me off to no end because if I happen to set the keys down in the car and close the door they are now locked in. I DON'T EVER want it to lock itself again for any reason whatsoever! I will personally paypal $50 to anyone who can give me an answer on how to disable auto-locking features without disabling keyless entry.

Cool Annoying CR-V Locks

After ranting on here I decided to try to find out why the doors would lock with the passenger side doors open. I discovered that both of the door sensors had been taken off before and pulled out of their sockets. Once I pushed them back together the auto-locks don't lock with the doors open anymore however I would still like to SHUT THEM OFF COMPLETELY since they locked my dog in the car!

Quote Originally Posted by cheebiewah View Post
    I have a 2002 CR-V with the same annoying lock problem! I'm about to rip the thing to shreds to find a way to disable it as it has already locked me out of my car 3 times with the keys inside! Once the dog was in the car on a hot day! Here's the scenario: I pull up, park my car, shut it off and take the key out of the ignition. I open the drivers door, get out, close the door and walk around to one of the passenger side doors but within 30 seconds or so with either passerger door open it locks all the doors!!??!!?!?! It dosn't lock if the rear door or either of the driver side doors are open. Another odd thing is that I can press the lock button on the key fob with either passenger side doors open and it locks. If any of ther other doors are open it won't lock.

This pisses me off to no end because if I happen to set the keys down in the car and close the door they are now locked in. I DON'T EVER want it to lock itself again for any reason whatsoever! I will personally paypal $50 to anyone who can give me an answer on how to disable auto-locking features without disabling keyless entry.
    I repeat. The factory system did not come with an auto-lock function. Many dealers originally added aftermarket alarm systems that would do things like this.
    Read your manual. It has zero mention of an auto-lock feature because they did not come with it, at least in North America, for sure.
    You should also re-check your door sensors, like the other poster did.

9. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements