HELP! CRV Trunk won't open from inside or out
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP! CRV Trunk won't open from inside or out

crv|oc Rank: Member

Smile HELP! CRV Trunk won't open from inside or out

Just bought a 02 CRV recently. Came back from vacation and my 02 CRV trunk won't open. I have tried manual button inside car and remote but it still won't work. Is there a secret lock that I am not aware of (sarcastically) or does anyone know how I can fix this without taking it to shop?

Any ideas would be great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LaoCRV02 View Post
    Just bought a 02 CRV recently. Came back from vacation and my 02 CRV trunk won't open. I have tried manual button inside car and remote but it still won't work. Is there a secret lock that I am not aware of (sarcastically) or does anyone know how I can fix this without taking it to shop?

Any ideas would be great!
    What about using the key?

I have used the key as well. no luck. guess i'm going to have to take it to the shop... thanks

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    I believe there is an access panel on that door which will allow you to open it.
    It is on the inside.
    If you do a good search on that problem, I think you will find more on what probably went wrong and how to fix it.
    Is it the hatch glass or the hinged hatch door that doesn't open?
    If the glass opens, then try and pull the hatch door inward while trying to open it.

Buffalo4

yes there is a access panel open it up and manually open the door.

Left side window lift shock

Just realized you have a 2002 so my advice doesn't apply. Tried to just delete this post but couldn't figure out how to do it
    Last edited by jparsons; 09-04-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: whoops
    '97 CR-V 4WD, Ford Candy Red paint, 203k
    '01 Subaru Outback Wagon

I have a 2012 crv purchased March 2011 and I am also having the same problem with the tailgate not opening. Tried locking and unlocking all doors with the remote but the tailgate will not unlock. Also, sometimes when I leave the doors unlocked and open the door, the alarm goes off. One time the alarm went off at 3:00am. The car was in the garage so I think there is some kinda of a short or a malfunction.
    A couple of months ago, I had to take the car in to honda because my daughter (10) was stuck in the seat belt in the rear driver side. The belt will go back in but it will not pull out. Had to cut the belt to get her out. Took the CRV in to honda and the service manager told me that he would replace the belt for free this one time.
    One thing I don't understand about the 2012 crv is the eco button. I've messed with it while driving in the city as well as on the highways and it didn't improve the milage or notice anything special about it. On the highway at a constant 70mph on cruise, the instrumental panel said I was getting 35 miles per gallon with or without turning on the eco button.
    The road noise is really starting to bother me. I think it mostly have to do with the tires it comes with (continential).

9. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements