Code P2647 "Actuator Rocker Arm Control System Stuck On"- HELP
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Code P2647 "Actuator Rocker Arm Control System Stuck On"- HELP

crv|oc Rank: Member

Code P2647 "Actuator Rocker Arm Control System Stuck On"- HELP

2007 Honda CRV Automatic Transmission 88k Miles. Maintenance performed routinely

I was on a road trip (of course) and my check engine lights came on. The vehicle started "stuttering" randomly and would not run all that smooth. Took the vehicle to autozone and pulled some codes.... came up with "P2647" as the title of this thread states.

Did some other research on the net before finding this forum and a lot of people are saying I need to replace the VTEC oil pressure with. But I also heard something about the spool??? WTF is the spool?

Anyone else have this problem? I would hate to dump $100+ in to a new oil pressure switch, but I guess it's a gamble. I am definitely open to suggestions! Oil is full to the "high" mark on the dip stick with the engine both hot and cold.

Thanks in advance!

BTW, found this thread on this forum, but instead of bumping an old thread I thought I would just try a new one...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks for all the replies...lol! Just thought I would post an update in case anyone has this problem. The problem was indeed the VTEC oil pressure solenoid. I replaced the entire assembly. It was about $118 with tax. Took about 45 minutes to R and R. I used a diagnostic scanner, reset the codes, and voila. No more problems.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Glad it is fixed.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore

VTEC oil control solonoid valve.

Quote Originally Posted by jatepper View Post
    Thanks for all the replies...lol! Just thought I would post an update in case anyone has this problem. The problem was indeed the VTEC oil pressure solenoid. I replaced the entire assembly. It was about $118 with tax. Took about 45 minutes to R and R. I used a diagnostic scanner, reset the codes, and voila. No more problems.
    Glad it is fixed!

Did you do the "Idle learn procedure"? It does matter. Service Manual says it must be done every time the PCM is reset for any reason.

It is here: PCM Idle Learn Proceedure?

And you might want to try Majestic Honda for parts next time. Their price for this item is:

15830-RBB-003 VALVE ASSY., VTC OIL CONTROL
    Subtotal $72.73
    *Sales Tax: $0.00
    **Shipping Charge $11.04
    Handling Charge $4.95
    Total $88.72

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements