Blown Fuse-Dome Lights
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blown Fuse-Dome Lights

crv|oc Rank: Member

Blown Fuse-Dome Lights

Newbie here...apologize if someone has all ready posted this somewhere in the forums previously...In the past year or so my V has began to eat up fuses that go to my interior lights. One every 3 months or so then down to last week were as soon as I touch the fuse to the slot (#22?) it pops it. Very vague scenario, but feel free to ask questions if you have them and I'll answer them. Local mechanic thought maybe it was tied to a cell phone charger I was using in the outlet in the main console, but it still works fine. Appreciate any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Wish I could help you out here,I do know that on earlier models(like my 98) the circuit to the dome lights is "hot" all the time.Light actuation is caused by grounding switches in the door jambs. Now...with that being said,IF you have a "central" dome light(one with a switch) THAT would be the first place to look.
    IF the "hot" line feeding that central light is grounded it will pop the fuse immediately.My suggestion is(if you do have the central light assy) is to pull the cover,and "drop" it.Disconnect the wires going to it,and try another fuse.IF it still blows,the problem is between that light and the fuse socket,If it doesent however it could be in that fixture,or farther down the line.
    Finally...In alot of circumstances this "central light fixture" controls the rest of them....Hope this sheds some "light" on the subject...no pun intended...

crv|oc Rank: Member
    n5926g...thank you for your insight... I will need to look into that this weekend.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements