2011 CR-V road noise - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 CR-V road noise

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Any updates on the road noise? I am starting to drive our 2011 SE more often and the combination of road noise and wind noise make it feel like a trolley. My other car is a Camry. I also test drove a Highlander last week and was impressed by how quiet it was.
    I have the Duelers on it from factory, only 8K miles, so don't want to waste money on new tires, but then don't want to sell the car this soon either (and take the biggest depreciation hit).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    From what I have read in this forum the rear suspension is solidly attached to the body with no sound insulating devices. My guess is that they can't use insulators because of the design, or they would have. If there is one common thread of agreement on CRV problems it is cabin noise. The sound generation from tires gets worse as they age because the tread gets harder as they age (from heat) and as they wear, by design with some tires.

Ok everyone. I have a 2005 CRV i-ctdi with 100k miles on it. I have had lots of drive shaft problems which are now fixed. I had really bad road noise especially on rough sufaced roads but it was silent on smooth roads. I had new tyres fitted. i asked for quiet ones and ended up with Duelers. There was no difference to the road noise but it was still silent on smooth surfaces. Next I had a wheeel bearing go with the usual grinding noises. I had that fixed and now NO ROAD NOISE. I dont know why as the bearing made no noise on the smooth roads but must have been ratteling on the rough ones.

I have a 2011 EX AWD. I have replaced OEM tires with Michelin Defender 102T, no change in noise.
    I had a kayak rack tower that I replaced with folding, insulated Thule J racks, a little change in noise.
    I have ordered a windscreen for the sunroof, it MIGHT lower the wind noise over the rack. My previous Honda Accord was a 1996 LX wagon, it was noisier(supposedly the vents at rear of cabin).
    If all this car requires is more insulation, where do you get that? I had thought I wanted the window shades, those made my 2005 Accord EX noisier.
    I have driven many cars over the 50 years, only had one car that was quiet. A 1968 Mercedes sedan, only I couldn't afford the maintenance. hahaha.
    I have never sat in an American car that is quiet, and if one was quiet it floated down the road like a bobber on a fish line. I was thinking of trading this one but have no idea what to get that has same amount of room, with high mpg,, that has a reliable history. But aren't we all looking for that mystery car.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye252 View Post
    My wife loves the practicality of her 2011 CR-V. We always thought it had a lot of road noise but...

Yes, CR-V's are known for being loud but how about the 2012 CR-V? Is the 2012 just as loud?
    Hopefully someone will answer your question, without going off about tires, but let's face it, the CRV can't be perfect at everything!
    Current owner of The Black Pearl 2009 EX-L Nav AWD CRV & a 2003 Acura EL
    Previous owner of an Inaugural 1997 Leased LX CRV and (2) 2000 EX CRV's
    2007 RTL Nav Ridgeline, 1996 Acura TL & 1994 DOHC VTEC del Sol

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements