2011 CR-V road noise
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 CR-V road noise

crv|oc Rank: Member

2011 CR-V road noise

My wife loves the practicality of her 2011 CR-V. We always thought it had a lot of road noise but...

We drove a Chrysler minivan while on vacation last week, hopped into the CR-V when we got back to the airport and wow, I couldn't believe how loud her CR-V is. The road noise is unbelievable compared to the rented Chrysler. Can't hardly listen to the radio in the CR-V because of the road noise (stock tires that came with it).

Yes, CR-V's are known for being loud but how about the 2012 CR-V? Is the 2012 just as loud?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    The road noise may be due to the tires wearing. On our 09 CRV, we changed out the tires at 23k because of a problem with the rear camber being off and wearing the inner parts down. Got new tires and was amazed at what we were putting up with. Cooper CS4s...

This car is chronic for road noise - from new, its because they are trying to get it to drive like a saloon. Unfortunately i now own one, the worst vehicle i have ever owned, has anyone tried looking out the side window for more than 3 seconds, look back and your in another lane.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    All Honda's along with Acura's seem to have road noise.Some models worse than others.
    Last edited by rocks; 01-10-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    '13 CR-V EX-L w/NAV AWD White Diamond Pearl/Black
    OEM All Season Floor Mats & Cargo Tray | OEM Vent Visors | Splash Guards | Engine Cover | LEDs
    '13 Lexus GS350 AWD Starfire Pearl White/Black Luxury Pkg | NAV

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye252 View Post
    My wife loves the practicality of her 2011 CR-V. We always thought it had a lot of road noise but...

We drove a Chrysler minivan while on vacation last week, hopped into the CR-V when we got back to the airport and wow, I couldn't believe how loud her CR-V is. The road noise is unbelievable compared to the rented Chrysler. Can't hardly listen to the radio in the CR-V because of the road noise (stock tires that came with it).

Yes, CR-V's are known for being loud but how about the 2012 CR-V? Is the 2012 just as loud?
    What are the stock tires on your CR-V?

Its the tires more than the car. Bridgestone and Continential are the worst.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1959 View Post
    Its the tires more than the car. Bridgestone and Continential are the worst.
    True,the Michelins I bought are a big improvement.
    '13 CR-V EX-L w/NAV AWD White Diamond Pearl/Black
    OEM All Season Floor Mats & Cargo Tray | OEM Vent Visors | Splash Guards | Engine Cover | LEDs
    '13 Lexus GS350 AWD Starfire Pearl White/Black Luxury Pkg | NAV

Bridgestone Dueler H/L. Anyone else experience big time road noise with these?

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Yes. Mine are noisy too.

The bigger and more open the tread pattern, the louder the noise will be. Duellers are quite chunky for good off-road grip and so will be noisy. If your wife doesn't go off-road then for the next set of tyres ask the dealer for quiet road tyres. Also a vehicle such as the CR-V has a large cabin volume which will act as a sound box much more so than say a normal sedan.
    Last edited by Red-Z; 01-12-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: additional info

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements