577 miles into 2012 CR-V here are my issues
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 577 miles into 2012 CR-V here are my issues

crv|oc Rank: Member

Angry 577 miles into 2012 CR-V here are my issues

We've had the car for about 3 weeks and driven in normal local and highway conditions in Chicago area. Overall ride is fine, if a bit stiff, but will likely soften with age as we all do. Recent findings as we've been living with the car are:

1. Has anyone had an issue with their driver side door latch not allowing you to open the door once it's unlocked? Just had it happen to us this week and brought in for service. Will update on sit. once I know the outcome.

2. No roof gutter makes for a very wet interior! Rain snow, ice, and winshield washer fluid regularly fly into the car once the window is ajar even a little. There is nothing to stop any of the moisture from dripping into the cabin.

3. Just had first snow storm and found that the windshield wipers are the worst I've ever had on a car. I had to constantly clean them off and take the ice off the blades and body of the wipers. Even after clearing them the windshield was not cleaning very well. I think the wipers have too much material and collect ice and snow way too easily but would be interested in others experience.

Will update as I live with the car a bit more over the next several months.

Send your thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

I have a 2011 and my wipers are also the worst ive ever had on a car. Drove back from Northern Wisconsin the other day and could barely see while it was snowing due to the wipers. Same with yesterdays snow in in the NW suburbs. Just put on Bosche blades and so far so good. Wifes new VW Golf came with the Bosche blades and she has no problems.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by tomscrv View Post
    We've had the car for about 3 weeks and driven in normal local and highway conditions in Chicago area. Overall ride is fine, if a bit stiff, but will likely soften with age as we all do. Recent findings as we've been living with the car are:

1. Has anyone had an issue with their driver side door latch not allowing you to open the door once it's unlocked? Just had it happen to us this week and brought in for service. Will update on sit. once I know the outcome.

2. No roof gutter makes for a very wet interior! Rain snow, ice, and winshield washer fluid regularly fly into the car once the window is ajar even a little. There is nothing to stop any of the moisture from dripping into the cabin.

3. Just had first snow storm and found that the windshield wipers are the worst I've ever had on a car. I had to constantly clean them off and take the ice off the blades and body of the wipers. Even after clearing them the windshield was not cleaning very well. I think the wipers have too much material and collect ice and snow way too easily but would be interested in others experience.

Will update as I live with the car a bit more over the next several months.

Send your thoughts.
    The answer to your point #1 may have to do with your point #2. It is possible the rubber molding on the door got all wet and then froze holding the door shut and was not the latch at all.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    The wipers are a problem in winter weather. On my 2011, the midsection of the passenger-side wiper slid over the washer-fluid, leaving a deposit of liquid. Also, the pivot assembly collects ice, so the wiper cannot bend to the angle of the windshield.

I have to manually clean out the pivot assembly and make sure that the wiper-shaft area is clear of ice. Even then, I cannot depend on the wipers to clean effectively.

But most cars' wipers have problems with ice and snow accumulation.

As for the snow and ice falling into the vehicle when the door is opened, yes it is annoying. It's even worse at the tailgate. The cure is to wipe the snow off before opening doors. Of course, the snow tool is in the car!
    NRA GOA CSSA
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    For point #1, was this happening just for the driver door? checked passenger door? was the temperature below freezing?

For point #2, I believe all Honda vehicles are the same way, there are no rain gutters. In snow, you have to clear off the snow before you open the door. Not a big problem, just have to remember to do it.

For point #2 many new vehicles no longer have rain gutters. Style I guess? Brian

Totally agree with #2!!! Have had my 2012 for about 10 days, and the other night my interior got so wet it wasn't even funny!! The only thing I'll ever miss about my old ride (06 Cobalt) is those gutters!

the reason a lot of auto makers are getting rid of those gutters is that they hold so much water and corod faster than it should also interferes with fuel mileage because is messes with the areodynamics of the body.. also like the previous posts it looks bad acording to the designers anyway.. funny there not buying the car lol..

"The cure is to wipe the snow off before opening doors."

Nope...the cure is to move to Cali or to Fla.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Re #3. If you get the car washed in a car wash there will be silicons in the so called wax that is sprayed on during the wash, or the so called rain ex application that they use for the front wind shield. That gets on the wipers and it causes the water to form beads which then freeze, and stick much better, preventing proper flex of the blade. Since the wind shield is nearly flat where the blades come to rest, they freeze flat and won't flex/curve as they sweep over the part your looking through. Solution is to hand wash, no wash, or bag the front wipers too as they do for the backs on SUV's. (just ask the attendant kindly)

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements