Low Tyre Pressure indicator Reset
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low Tyre Pressure indicator Reset

VAP
    crv|oc Rank: Member

Low Tyre Pressure indicator Reset

After change from summer 18" to winter 17" the yellow light is on. Similarly after the tyre empty. There is simple procedure to wipe it out. Ignition key, INFO and Set/Reset button are to be manipulated, I've seen it but forgott. Thank you for info, HOW TO... Vasek

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    The TPMS system should reset automatically when the air has been adjusted in the tires. This will not happen quickly, normally it will take driving 10 to 15 minutes on the road. If the reset does not happen, then there may be a problem with one of the TPMS sensors in the wheels. You will need a scanner to find out which sensor is not working.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by VAP View Post
    After change from summer 18" to winter 17" the yellow light is on. Similarly after the tyre empty. There is simple procedure to wipe it out. Ignition key, INFO and Set/Reset button are to be manipulated, I've seen it but forgott. Thank you for info, HOW TO... Vasek
    You need to give a little more information.

Which light is on? TPMS or Low pressure? Do your winter wheels have TPMS valves? If they do, the computer has to be reprogrammed to the valve addresses.

If all that is done correctly, and only the low pressure light is on, then, like the previous poster said, it may take a few miles to clear.

VAP
    Unfortunately, who read my question can see that I'm not talking about TPMS but about Low Tyre Pressure Indicator. Thats a difference. So I do repeat the question, how to reset it, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by bchan42 View Post
    The TPMS system should reset automatically when the air has been adjusted in the tires. This will not happen quickly, normally it will take driving 10 to 15 minutes on the road. If the reset does not happen, then there may be a problem with one of the TPMS sensors in the wheels. You will need a scanner to find out which sensor is not working.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    If it is a low tyre pressure indicator (tire shape with an exclamation mark warning light on your dash) there is no external reset, just drive and the system will detect the new pressure in the tires after a few miles of driving. If it is not resetting, then there is a problem with the TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring system) and needs to be looked at by the dealer. It could be a damaged sensor in one of the wheels.

You've probably already fixed this problem but I just had the same thing after changing both front tyres. If you have an "i" button on the steering wheel, press and hold until a menu appears where the fuel readout is. Scroll until you reach the tyre symbol, press select then OK.

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements