2012 CRV AWD Real World Fuel Efficiency
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 CRV AWD Real World Fuel Efficiency

crv|oc Rank: Member

2012 CRV AWD Real World Fuel Efficiency

Can anyone out there tell me what type of fuel efficiency to expect with a 2012 AWD CRV? There seems to be some owners who are experiencing poor results which is a concern to me as a potential buyer. Further more, quite a few folks comment and don't acknowlege whether they're driving 2WD or AWD. I'd appreciate any comments.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Only YOU can answer that.

With your present ride, how are you doing with MPG compared to the car's original EPA ratings?

For Example,
    If your present car gets 85% of it's COMBINED EPA mileage ratings, a CRV should get about the same 85%.

Cold weather, stop and go traffic, and short trips will kill the mileage on any vehicle...folks complain on all the forums I frequent.

Another thing that reduces MPG is low tire inflation and Ethanol in the gasoline.
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

I have got 23 mph with it in town driving & if real windy 23 to 25 mpg. Tonite I drove in the country with no hills[ didn't shift down] I got 32.6 mpg. I have a 2012 ''ex'' all wheel drive ,At 60 mph.

2012 AWD EX-L

About 1000 miles on it. In Alaska with snow and temps 0-32. NOT happy with the mileage at all. I struggle to get 20mpg combined with ECON mode on 100% of the time. I have been babying it too!

EDIT....After some careful thinking...Current tank of fuel has been almost all city and it's at 18mpg. I get in and the motor is cold. I drive 5 miles to work. Get off work and drive 5 miles home. That poor engine barely gets warmed up. AWD is rated at 22 city (optimum conditions). So I guess 18 isn't bad for snowy roads and not letting the motor warm up much.

I am sure it will get better when the roads melt, temps warm up and the motor breaks in.
    Last edited by mwachel; 02-14-2012 at 10:06 PM.

I drive my 2012 AWD more local and it is 22-23mpg after 2,000 miles. I drove mostly highway once after getting gas for about 15 miles and was right around 30mpg. I'll be taking it on a road trip next month.

Just hitting the 1,000 mile mark on mine. Mixed driving, no road trips yet and she gets about 25-26. Seems on flat, straight runs at 65-70 she is doing around 30 give or take. This is a EX-L AWD. I am pleased so far.

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Sounds to me as if Honda has made noticeable improvements in the V's fuel economy! My '06 averages about 24 MPG in mostly suburban driving (no highways, but no stop and go, either)
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

My 2012 EX AWD has about 1,800 miles. It averages 22 MPG in city, 25 MPG combined. It was 29 MPG when I took it on a 220 miles drive.

Here's my history since purchased early Dec. New England temps. I'd say 90% highway, always in Econ mode. Gas= Shell/Stop &Shop/BJ's -- brand doesn't seem to change milleage at all.

These are from manual computations. Haven't had to drive through snow yet (warmish winter here). Usually no warmup, just drive off gently.

i have 2012 exl 4x2 approx 2k miles, the more miles on it the better the lmileage, am now getting my best 30.8 mpg with approx 90 % hiway and econ on

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements