2007 CRV-lots of lights came on and it won't go above 30mph now
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 CRV-lots of lights came on and it won't go above 30mph now

crv|oc Rank: Member

2007 CRV-lots of lights came on and it won't go above 30mph now

This is all second-hand info from my wife, as I was not with her when this just happened. Car is currently being towed to a Honda dealership...just trying to figure some stuff out.

2007 Honda CR-V. The TPMS light came on about 3 months ago. We brought it into the dealership and they said a sensor was bad, so they replaced it. Later that week, we were moving to a different state, and the light came back on halfway through the trip, so we knew the dealership wouldn't be able to do anything. We didn't bother with checking it out again because it seemed like having the TPMS light wasn't a huge deal according to some forums.

Welp, wife was driving getting on the freeway today, when the check engine light, the VSA (vehicle stability assist) light, and a triangle with an exclamation light all came on, as well as the TPMS light which has been on, and the car wouldn't go faster than 30 mph. When she tried, it would surge...it sounded like a governer or rev limiter would sound from how she was describing it. I wasn't there, she just called me on the phone.

Any possible ideas?

edit: Just thinking outloud here...if the TPMS doesn't turn on until you hit 20-30 mph and the battery to it is dead/bad connection or whatever, will that limit the car to a 'safe speed' whatever it deems it to be so that people don't try and drive 50+mph on a flat tire or something?
    Last edited by nwin; 04-10-2012 at 10:45 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Here's a picture my wife texted me...
    Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  39.8 KB

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    not trying to sound smart, but did your wife inspect the tires because you never mentioned the condition of the them anywhere in your post.

driving with the TPMS light on will not cause problems with the rest of the car UNLESS something is actually wrong with your tires. There are others on this forum who have a dedicated set of winter tires. When they swap out to the winters, the TPMS goes on if they won't reset it, but when they swap their summers back on, the TPMS light goes away.
    Switchblade Key Crew #1

Quote Originally Posted by Cruatchi View Post
    not trying to sound smart, but did your wife inspect the tires because you never mentioned the condition of the them anywhere in your post.

driving with the TPMS light on will not cause problems with the rest of the car UNLESS something is actually wrong with your tires. There are others on this forum who have a dedicated set of winter tires. When they swap out to the winters, the TPMS goes on if they won't reset it, but when they swap their summers back on, the TPMS light goes away.
    I live in Texas, so no need for a second set of tires. The air was good in the tires, I check them every Sunday. Turns out that the last time we had the problem, they only replaced the one sensor that was bad. Honda saw this when we took it in today and noticed that another one had gone bad...that was all that had happened apparently. It's all fixed now, so here's hoping.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Did that account for all the lights and warnings lights to come on? Just wondering if so, only because I don't know why the CEL would come on but is understandable with the others on if the sensors are malfunctioning. Did the repair reset the system and have you experienced anything lately once you gave it at least a 20-40 mile ride? Thanks in advance for the reply.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by nwin View Post
    I live in Texas, so no need for a second set of tires. The air was good in the tires, I check them every Sunday. Turns out that the last time we had the problem, they only replaced the one sensor that was bad. Honda saw this when we took it in today and noticed that another one had gone bad...that was all that had happened apparently. It's all fixed now, so here's hoping.
    I wasn't suggesting you to get a 2nd set of tires. It was my example of how driving with the TPMS light on shouldn't effect anything.

Since the solution to this problem was simply changing the TPM, you now got me curious as to why a faulty sensor can cause so many other problems, especially the one where you can't drive over a certain speed......
    Switchblade Key Crew #1

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements