2012 & Rough Idle
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 & Rough Idle

crv|oc Rank: Member

2012 & Rough Idle

Hi everyone,

I am really enjoying my new CR-V, except that in the last week I have noticed that it is consistently idling at around 1000 to 1200 RPM's. I am bringing it in to be looked at tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced this? I understand that a normal idle should be around 600 to 650 rpms.

Thanks for your input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

I took it to the dealer and they checked it out and could find nothing wrong. I was told that it is normal for the CRV to idle at just over 1,000 RPMs in the morning or whenever starting it after it sat a couple hours. He showed me a couple other 2012 CRV's that were new on the lot and started those for me and they were identical to mine. I assume then this is normal? My husband's 2007 Ford Ranger idles at around 750 during identical conditions (cold WI morning).

Mine does the same. It idles high at start.

cdb
    If you are referring only to a cold idle, then your 1000 to 1200 rpm is actually a little low (especially for a cold Wisconsin morning). Mine (as well as the many test vehicles I drove) idles a bit higher in a California climate. If instead you're talking about a warn engine idle, then something is definitely wrong. As for your husband's truck, if it truly idles at 750 rpm in a cold Wisconsin morning, there is likely something wrong with the truck.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    There should be no problem with any sensor since thats a new vehicle

My 2005 CRV, here in New York Idles around 1200 RPM when it starts, but a couple of minutes mantain just on 800 RPM, mine is Manual Transmission
    My vehicle: Honda CR-V EX 2005 Manual Transmission In the Capital of the World!

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements