Excessive Oil Loss in 2010 CRV
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Excessive Oil Loss in 2010 CRV

crv|oc Rank: Member

Excessive Oil Loss in 2010 CRV

So 2 days ago I notice that my engine is starting to sound funny. Then yesterday morning, my oil light flashed on and went off. I pulled in to the nearest auto parts store, turned off the engine, waited 20 minutes and checked my oil. Imagine my dismay to find that my dipstick was not registering any oil. It took a 2 quarts to fill it (0w20 synthetic oil at 9 bucks a quart). My CRV has 40,000 and has never used oil. After speaking with a honda technician, I made an appointment for next week at the honda dealership. I have had the software update for the VTC done around 3 months ago along with the VTC needing replaced due to a malfunction with it. At any rate, The technician told me to make sure I asked for an oil consumption test to be performed and go from there. I think its odd that new cars (even ones that are two years old) use oil. Has anyone else had any problems of this magnetude?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

No oil on ground under car, so no clue what's going on.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Something just doesn't add up if you had never had an oil usage issue before. Need to know more info about oil change you had before your discovery.
    Do you do your own wrench work?
    Did your Honda dealer do it?
    Did some on-the-corner oil change place do it?
    Did a big-box store do it?

In addition, check this thread 2010 CR-V Recall 11-049 for further info.

Good luck.

Dealership is the only one who does my oil change ( I have had friends who have ended up with having to pay for an engine for their car because they didn't use approved parts/documentation, so I only have the dealer do it). They did this as a part of the the VTC Actuator replacement. I have had the software update for the VTC as well.

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements