2009 Honda crv Ac clutch relay location?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2009 Honda crv Ac clutch relay location?

crv|oc Rank: Member

2009 Honda crv Ac clutch relay location?

hey ive been searching around google and everywhere and i cant find the ac clutch relay location under the hood in the fuse box, i tried looking at the diagram but its too confusing so im just wondering if anyone of you guys can help me out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    see www.teknux.com/moses It's the relay to which I have attached two wires. I happen to be monitoring the coil with an LED (with a series 500 to 1K ohm resistor) to check for another problem... the AC stops working during the hot part of the day. (If anyone has knowledge of the fix for this, let me know please - editor at media-quest.com (you need the dash in media-quest.com)) In the fuse panel diagram embossed under the cover, its the position noted with a snow flake only. AC Compressor Clutch Relay 39794-SDA-A03, $5.73 each available for that price at your Honda dealer. In a pinch, you can also cut the plastic cover off the relay (very carefully) and just clean the contacts. I did this for my friend and he ran the relay for a year with no cover before we replaced it. Cleaning the contacts immediately fixed the compressor clutch not pulling in.

Oddly, and I am still unfamiliar with this car, the Radiator Fan Relay 39794-SDA-A05, costs $25.25. I don't know the difference or even which one it is. I am also not sure which this is as the owner has swapped a relay (top one with the radiator and snow flake icon) but I did not see the original which should identical to the one in the picture. Note the many other "MG clutch" (magnetic clutch), radiator and blower motor relays and fuses. I'm looking for a description of their functions now. Have not looked at the owner's book yet but I'm sure its dumbed way down.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I too am having hot AC failure during hot days. I found this SB with an updated relay- the A05. I put it in my 08 CRV and am waiting for hot weather to confirm.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-fa...t-failure.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements