2009 CRV shudder
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2009 CRV shudder

crv|oc Rank: Member

2009 CRV shudder

Hi Everyone. Have a '09 CRV with 60k on the odometer. I have kept up with the servicing and had the software recall updated. Been experiencing Trans axle shudder/vibration and various speeds and RPM's. Honda dealer replaced/drained ATF and told me to monitor. Next day same problems. Called Dealer and they wanted me to bring it in. Upon further review, the said they needed to order a new torque converter and it was covered under extended warranty. Has anyone else experienced similar issues and have had this repair? Did it resolve the problem or not? Just wondering if this is a symptom of other issues that will surface..........thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Hap
    Yes my wifes 08 CRV started shuddering most noticble at about 42 mph at slight acceleration on incline. I changed the ATF at Honda dealer at 30K but have not changed it since and it now has 120K. YOU NEED TO CHANGE ATF EVERY 30K!. My fault, now I have the dreaded torque converter shudder which is so apparant on all the newer Honda's especially the Pilot. I just changed it now with Amalie Universal synthetic with a tube of Dr. Tranny shudder Fix. The shudder is not as pronounced now, in fact I dont even hear it anymore. I am going to do a second drain and fill with Amalie Universal synthetic and two tubes of the Dr. tranny fix just to get rid of more of the old stuff. Are you still experiencing the shudder?

Hap
    software recall updated? Am I missing something here? I dont remember this being done.

Some CRVs got recalled for transmission software update.
    http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...NEWS/110809933
    I got a notice on that also. I have a 2010 CRV. Did it in 2011.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    There is a software change that can be done but from what most said it seemed to shift the shudder to a different speed/rpm. where it at least was not as bad and due to higher speed, not as noticeable. I'll see if I can find the post.

Found this one so far. DaddyG58 check out the first post. 2002 crv transmision shuddering
    Last edited by fixer; 01-23-2013 at 01:12 PM.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyG58 View Post
    Hi Everyone. Have a '09 CRV with 60k on the odometer. I have kept up with the servicing and had the software recall updated. Been experiencing Trans axle shudder/vibration and various speeds and RPM's. Honda dealer replaced/drained ATF and told me to monitor. Next day same problems. Called Dealer and they wanted me to bring it in. Upon further review, the said they needed to order a new torque converter and it was covered under extended warranty. Has anyone else experienced similar issues and have had this repair? Did it resolve the problem or not? Just wondering if this is a symptom of other issues that will surface..........thanks!
    You said the maintenance has been kept up. Have you checked your receipts to make sure that the fluid was changed?
    When you reported the problem did they drain and fill 3 times or just once? Either way it will take more than a day for it to clean out all the tiny passages and peripherals. Drive it for a week and drain and fill again. It's definitely one of those "you can pay me now, or you can pay me later" things.
    If you get a new torgue converter because the old one is damaged that's great, but I doubt that the situation will change with respect to worn out oil causing shuddering.

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements