Severe vibration - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Severe vibration

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Car booked in for this Thursday for a few days to remove and inspect driveshafts to see if anything obvious and to check movement of cv joints, and as mine is worse when going round a left hand bend then I am going to rule out the propshaft at this stage and hope the problem is identified buy somthing on the driveshafts. I will keep you posted

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks for your feed back, I'm awaiting the return of my prop after it has had both CV joints replaced & balanced.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    I am too getting my shaft serviced this weekend. They will put new ujoints and balancing.

Hey Air - So how much will they charge you for that type of service?...

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

I got my joints replaced with GMB (japan) no.11 joints. Thay are heavy duty and stronger than the originals. Now the car has no hesitaition during acceleration and no vibaration after balancing. The car feels faster and stronger. The GMB was not a direct fit (the size was same but not the length) so I had to get them welded from the outside so they will not pop out.

Latest update is a suspect o/side front driveshaft which is being removed and sent for refurbishment. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Doormanpgd View Post
    Thanks for your feed back, I'm awaiting the return of my prop after it has had both CV joints replaced & balanced.
    Some time since last post, had the prop re fitted but the problem was still there, bit the bullet had both front drive shafts refurbished and hey presto problem solved. Trouble is I had the problem so long, I still can't get used to the fact that the car drives so smoothly now.

Yea its hard to pinpoint the problem. Me too I replaced a lot of parts before I found the problem. My axles were also shot. Took it to a competitive mechanic and he found the problem in minutes.

The only thing I would add is there is still just the hint of a vibration in 2nd gear at about 2000 rpm, I'm now thinking fuel problem, next step, have it Terra cleaned

Have the transmission fluid changed if you have not.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements