Engine Misfires
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engine Misfires

crv|oc Rank: Member

Engine Misfires

Four months ago, my uncle fixed an issue with the spark plugs in my CR-V. The computer that he has was reading misfires. The check engine light never stopped flashing, and the performance is down. When I went to get it inspected last month, it failed because of misfires again. Help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by kmill81385 View Post
    Four months ago, my uncle fixed an issue with the spark plugs in my CR-V. The computer that he has was reading misfires. The check engine light never stopped flashing, and the performance is down. When I went to get it inspected last month, it failed because of misfires again. Help?
    You are going to have to supply more info to get a good response,Year model,miles on the clock,How long have you owned it,and any known maintenance history...

Super Moderator
    2000 CRV with a flashing CEL.....When was the last time the valves were adjusted?

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Check the coil and the ignition control module. Both of which are inside the distributor and quite easy to change. You may as well change the cap and rotor at the same time.

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements