97 CRV warm start lag
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 97 CRV warm start lag

crv|oc Rank: Member

97 CRV warm start lag

Just got a new to me 97 crv a week ago so I have noticed when it it driven for around a half hour and you shut it off and go to start it again it will drag then start. It will start to whirl almost stop then take off, when running it runs perfect.
    It has a new starter on it also I tried another battery with the same result also I have run a new ground from the battery to the starter still does it when the SUV cools down for about 5 min starts perfect. Oh yeah I have also checked all the grounds in the engine compartment main grounds that is.
    Any ideas could it be the positive cable, ignition coil??? Im lost now I was sure it would be the starter ground.
    I'll try and get a video of it later

Thanks for any suggestions
    Kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Make sure the starter is mounted securely. From your description it sounds like the starter is turning the engine over very slowly when it is hot. It then turns over (spins the engine) quickly after sitting for 5 min or more). Is that correct?

Recheck the positive battery cable(s) and their connections.
    Does it possibly sound like the timing gets so far advanced that the engine if fighting itself while cranking over?. (possible timing belt issue etc.)
    If you search on the Internet, you will be able to find a service manual (pdf) for your CRV for very cheap or free.

Buffalo4

4. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements