Road Noise
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Road Noise

crv|oc Rank: Member

Road Noise

Hi. I have a 2005 i-ctdi and I have had problems with viberations from the front end since i bought it. These problems are close to sorted but I have a noise like a VERY noisey front wheel bearing. It is not a wheel bearing as when I drive onto a piece of quiet tarmac the sound goes completely. I am tinking that there may be something loose or tight that is making the noise in sympathy with the vibrations of the tyres. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    I just went through this with a 2007. It was suggested to me that it was the tires, which apparently get harder and harder tread as they age. At some point because of the wavy patterns in the tread and certain types of road surface, they begin to make harmonic noises which are audible. I drove the car like this for 20,000 km or so to use up the tread that was left and changed the cross tours for WRG2 Nokias. We used to call the car the "POD RACER", (Star Wars). I kind of miss the sound now. There is no sound from the Nokias (YET). I hope it's that simple for you. Cheers...

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks Fixer. I had read you thread but I had this problem with a set of old mixed tyres and I have a new set of Brigestones on now. There was no change to the noise with the new tyres. I did notice a strange thing happened the other day which I must pursue but it is not easy. Normally the bad and good surfaces happen in a staight line across the lane and the noise turns on and off like a switch I pass over the change in surface but I was between two lanes and the surface only changed in the lane the offside wheel was in not the nearside, the noise went completly. I am thinking it is only caused by the offside tyre which rules out the tyres. It sounds to me like the vibrations of the tyre are shaking something in the suspension which is bolted to the body funeling the noise in. I have thought about the bottom wishbone but the noise is not affected by cornering when that part would be under tension or compression. Thanks for your interest.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements