Engincut out on move !
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engincut out on move !

crv|oc Rank: Member

Unhappy Engincut out on move !

I went out in Honda today ,half full with fuel ,started perfect as normal ,truned out of our estate ,went for five hundered yards and lost all powere ,engine stopped and I coasted to halt ,luckily no traffic around just then.Called breakdown ,no luck so towed to garage which is where car is now, it just felt like someone turned fuel off instantly ,no slowing down just stopped ,couldnt belive it and though somehow must have pressed imobilzer or something , its a 2007 diesel model ,anyone any ideas ,no word from garage after four hours.
    Breakdown man could belive honda had broken down , he told me he could remeber going to on !
    Any thoughts suggestions ??
    andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

update

update to my car cutting out ,the garage told me the high pressure fuel pump has broken ,they told me there is a cog in the pump that shears off resulting in no fuel delivery and a new pump needed ,by the way a new high pressure pump is just over 1600 quid,any one had the same problem with there 2007 diesel car ? The car has run perfectly till this moment,we purchased car with 128k on clock with full honda history and the miles now is just shy of 150k .Any thoughts or ideas. Incidently there is quite a number of second hand high pressure pumps avaialble from 150 quids upwards,Im thinking Im going to replace with one of those ,has anyone taken one of these pumps of ,looks like there is only two bolts.Any advice ????
    cheers
    billysailing

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    I would go with second hand pump. It wont hurt ot try.

Have ordered 2nd hand pump,tested and warranty three months .The mechanic has taken old pump off and the cog I was hoping had sheared is okay,Im sceptical about the new/secondhand pump sorting problem,they have had car running on easy start stuff and all was fine ,definitley a fuel not getting through problem.Honda told my garage there was an electric pump in fuel tank as well as high pressure pump on engine,they supplied part but there is no electric pump!Honda admitted mistake and agreed to take electric pump back.Now waiting on new(secondhand pump).Starting to loose will to live with this as two garages plus diagnostics have not managed to say for certain what problem is,fault codes say low fuel pressure.If this pump doesnt sort then Im gonna bite the bullet and have it taken to Honda dealer.

Well Im a happy bunny now ,the replacement second hand pump was good and the car is now back up and running,as I said above the second hand pump was 150 quid bought through parts gateway from which I recived great service and very fast delivery of pump.The total cost including diagnostics, fault finding ect came to 300 plus the pump.In view of the fact the pump from Honda is an eywatering 1600 quid this isnt so bad and our lovely CRV is back on the road.Having not had the car for nearly two weeks its pure delight to have it back,drives lovely even with the large mileage and I also had two dunlop grantrek front tyres fitted.
    Very happy but it could have been such an expensive repair if I had taken to Honda.Parts gateway -my heros!!

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements