Brake bleeding - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake bleeding

crv|oc Rank: Member
    OK this am , i bled the brakes, with a miteyvac vacuum bleeder,

i put through a litre of dot 4 brake fluid, using a combination of engine on and pedal pumped, and engine off and just sucking out with the vacuum bleeder

The results ,,,, with engine running , pedal travel has improved, brakes bite almost straight away when driving , however whilst stationary I can push the pedal hard and make it travel some more, but not to the floor, you can also hear the engine note change , i guess its due to the vacuum demand.

So car stops fine , brakes bite straight away, hardly any pedal travel, but when continuing to push pedal hard whilst stationary pedal moves another inch or 2 , but not to floor ,

I really do wonder if this is just a characteristic of the 2006 CRV ??/ and this is my first CRV, !!!

Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Update

I continued to be unhappy about the brakes at idle , they are infact ok whilst in motion.

I decided to call my local Honda UK dealer, and spoke to their tech, he said , what i describe is "normal" yes normal,, i said are you sure , "yes" he replied !! the system has a pressure relief mechanism, that protects the parts of the braking system

Anyway , he said I have a outstanding re-call on a window winder switch and while its in , they will check my brakes for me also , all for free !!

So we will find out soon !!

As promised,

My Crv was in with Honda dealership today , for a re-call, while it was there they gave it a free health check, incuding the brakes ,

As for the pedal travel while stationary , he said the brakes are fine , no problem atall !!

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Some dealers will allow you to try another dealer vehicle, to assure yourself that "They All Do That, Sir"

Might not hurt to ask, if it really bothers you.

++++++++

I had one vehicle (bought new) wherein the brake pedal would slowly go to the floor while stationary. The dealer replaced everything in the brake system except for the hard lines...no change. SHRUG.
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

It's OK if you disagree with me.
    I can't force you to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuff2 View Post
    Some dealers will allow you to try another dealer vehicle, to assure yourself that "They All Do That, Sir"

Might not hurt to ask, if it really bothers you.

++++++++

I had one vehicle (bought new) wherein the brake pedal would slowly go to the floor while stationary. The dealer replaced everything in the brake system except for the hard lines...no change. SHRUG.

thx for the reply,

its re-assuring that you had all that work done with new, and it was the same !!!

My dealer also said the servo is very powerful on the Crv !!!

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Hey, I never noticed this before, but if my V is stationary, and I press the brake pedal HARD, it does slowly sink a bit. Son-of-a-gun!

I guess I never noticed it 'cause I only press the pedal enough to prevent the vehicle from rolling.
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

It's OK if you disagree with me.
    I can't force you to be right.

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements