SRS light
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SRS light

crv|oc Rank: Member

SRS light

The SRS light has come on several times on my 03 CRV. The dealer says it's the seat belt buckle/switch. The problem is intermittent but nagging. What are the implications of the light being on if I'm in an accident? In other words, how urgent is this repair? Dealer says I can DIY it, and the part is a bit over $200.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    You should check and see if the seatbelts and airbags are covered for the life of the car. I think they are !

crv|oc Rank: Member
    The dealer quoted me $236 for the buckle and I'll install it. I would have expected them to mention if it was covered under warranty. I'll ask.
    I questioned them about the operation of the switch. They said that when the belt is buckled, the car knows to deploy the airbag for that seat if there is an accident. I guess I don't understand why the car needs to know that somebody is in the drivers seat...I mean isn't it a given?
    Is it possible to simply jump the wires to the buckle so there's "always" somebody in the drivers seat?

If you have to pay for the part buy it on line for $162 you will need the correct part# for the color. I read a couple threads on here where the dealer replaced this part for free !

I believe that the warranty for seat belts is 5yr/50K. Are you trying to save the most money? Did you check for this part at your local junk yard? There are 'Pick & Pull' junk yards in my area that require the buyer to pull the part from the wreck. They are cheaper that regular junk yards, but more labor on the buyer's part.
    2013 CR-V EX-L AWD Alabaster Silver with Black interior

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements