Wheels spin !!! - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheels spin !!!

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie 10 View Post
    Thanks for the replies , i realise its not a full blown 4x4 as im a previous landrover owner !!! , this is my first type of motor that isnt the full blown 4 wheel drive but surprised at how slow the rear wheels come into play , , Scout re your question on the amber light not sure on that il try and look next time, whats the light ? is it the VSA ?? !!, Fixer, good film on the 4x4 systems ive checked that out before Thanks ,
    The rear wheels are not slow to come into play, they receive torque almost instantaneously if a front overtakes them. They just don't get enough torque to spin them (good thing) and if the VSA is on (default) it will keep varying the torque to attempt to get better traction for the situation. Turning the VSA off will allow the system to maintain a more consistent torque to the rear diff, but it is still a much smaller percentage than to the front. It is not safe to turn VSA off when the car is under way, but turning it off just before it gets stuck may help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post

That is awesome!!
    I also think this is pretty cool the (iX)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XErkB...cs2Pba3xDdP2cg
    Last edited by crvmpls; 01-08-2013 at 09:08 AM.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    That's sick!! Hard to believe where a car can go. It looks like the iX has a hooka on the air breather. The driver did not want to let the depth of the water stall him, like he knows that not much else will!!!

crv|oc Rank: Member
    To add i have a gen 1 CRV. If i dumb the clutch i get about 1-2 wheel revolutions until the back locks.

id be checking the diff fluid level if its not working correctly

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Your ok, you will get some slip, that is normal. Its different than a regular 4x4.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    That's sick!! Hard to believe where a car can go. It looks like the iX has a hooka on the air breather. The driver did not want to let the depth of the water stall him, like he knows that not much else will!!!
    Yeah, the snorkel cracked me up too!

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements