Heater Blows Hot Air
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heater Blows Hot Air

crv|oc Rank: Member

Heater Blows Hot Air

Hi All,

I purchased a 2012 Honda CRV six months back. I have noticed a strange issue with heater. Even when the fan is off, the heater keeps blowing hot air. This is irksome. I have a 2003 accord which does have this issue.

When I communicated the issue with the dealer, he told me that the car remembers last setting. When we drive, the aerodynamic pressure forces air into car where it picks up heat and get delivered at vents.

I wonder whether others have seen this problem and what are my options.

Thanks
    anmol.aggie

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    I think that is pretty much standard on cars. If you don't want the hot air, you must adjust the temp control to cool. I very seldom use the fan on long trips as I find the air flow (which is a designed in feature to prevent the cabin air from getting very stale) just right without a fan.(saving some energy too)

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    If you want to stop that airflow, switch the mode to' recirculate'. If you want just cooler air, adj the temp control and then turn the fan off again.
    Buffalo4

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements