2013 CR-V Heater issue
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 CR-V Heater issue

sun
    crv|oc Rank: Member

2013 CR-V Heater issue

Hello CR-V Owners -
    I recently purchased CR-V EX-L with Nav. I see that the Heater though set to 'Hi' both sides does not produce considerable heat. With outside temp in 50s I guess you should feel it hot inside the car when you set your temp to upper 70s. Did anyone of you see the issue with the heater? I'm not sure if this would be relevant - I had the dealer install remote key too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Auto setting tends to throw air out the outer window vents and floor but not center upper vents. Manually switch to upper vents for more direct heat. .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I just bought the 2013 EX in November and since this week is the first really cold week we've had, the heater takes way too long to get hot air , or even warm air out. A co-worker just bought an Acura and says the same thing so it must be generally how they make the heaters at Honda/Acura. I had a 2002 Toyota Camry for 10 yrs and no matter how cold it was outside, within 3 blocks the hot air would be blowing. Also had an issue with the CD player on Sunday.. the CD wouldn't come out and the message "MECHA. ERROR" appeared on the screen. Left car at dealer this morning to solve the issue.

My new CR-V heater works just fine. It has been very cold here and I have not had an issue with the heater.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Can anyone comment on the a/c strength during hot days? My 02 was fantastic. Wonder about 4th gen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by sun View Post
    Hello CR-V Owners -
    I recently purchased CR-V EX-L with Nav. I see that the Heater though set to 'Hi' both sides does not produce considerable heat. With outside temp in 50s I guess you should feel it hot inside the car when you set your temp to upper 70s. Did anyone of you see the issue with the heater? I'm not sure if this would be relevant - I had the dealer install remote key too.
    If you have it set to upper 70s the difference between outside, 50s, and inside (with you and possibly a passenger in there supplying some body heat loss) 60s, the temp difference is not great enough to get the system to supply full heat. It will be still drawing in outside air to mix with the heated air to moderate it so it does not go over the set temp. I would think your outside temp would have to be 30 degrees different to get full heat. Have you checked the inside temp to see if it is at set temp? If so it's doing it's job, if not it may just take a little longer than the system that just blows hot air in with no regard for the cabin temp.
    Last edited by fixer; 01-25-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Have you tried setting Heater nob to hottest (on the right side, Red section) and switch on A/C button. Also, make sure to use the air within your car by pressing air circulation button. That should do the trick. Check vehicle manual for detailed instructions. One thing you must remember that Heater will work better only when the Engine hit up. So for first few miles, have patience and do not take of bean cap
    2013 CR-V EX AWD Alabaster Silver with Black interior

sun
    Thanks to everyone who have replied to my post. Sorry, did not have access to my laptop so long.

I live in RI and it has been cold in the last few days. I did setup the heat to the max. (turned the Heater knob until it showed 'Hi' on both sides), the air vents pointing to the face and feet, air circulation on and a/c off. With the Heat setting 'Hi' and the outside temperatures around (sometimes below) 30 deg should you not feel the heat (like really hot with 'Hi') after 20 mins of running the engine?

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by sun View Post
    Thanks to everyone who have replied to my post. Sorry, did not have access to my laptop so long.

I live in RI and it has been cold in the last few days. I did setup the heat to the max. (turned the Heater knob until it showed 'Hi' on both sides), the air vents pointing to the face and feet, air circulation on and a/c off. With the Heat setting 'Hi' and the outside temperatures around (sometimes below) 30 deg should you not feel the heat (like really hot with 'Hi') after 20 mins of running the engine?
    After 5 min. (of driving, not idling) at 30 ambient you should have the highest temp. available. I don't think I would describe my heat as "really hot" but it is noticeably warm to hot to me. Take it back to the dealer. Traveler03 says his is hot, so it is possible. Tell the dealer that this is a safety issue and you will not drive the car like it is. You should be able to quickly defrost the windshield should it suddenly fog up in traffic. Ask to test drive another 2013 and compare. I doubt that installing a remote key would interfere with the heater.
    Last edited by fixer; 01-30-2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: added text

Hello, I too am experiencing the same difficulties with my heat system. I would be interested to know if the issue was resolved since the dealer took a look at it. I don't want to waste my time if this issue is a defect in their design. I have read and reread my manual for hints and have my settings same as you. Thanks.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements