Issure w/ awd on snow/ice
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issure w/ awd on snow/ice

crv|oc Rank: Member

Issure w/ awd on snow/ice

I have a 2011 crv awd w/ 20k. new tires/alignment. the issue i am having is that i just about lose control when driving on the highway on snowy/icy days. eg when going under a bridge (on the highway) where there is ice/snow the back end slides out or when the pavement is clear and i hit a patch of snow. i was told there maybe an issue with awd when the front (or rear) tires may be spinning on the ice (sending too much power to either the front or back). i am slowing down to 45 so i can keep the car under control while the cars around me maintain 65+ miles an hour. The dealer has asked me to bring it in when there are conditions to replicate this...has anyone else experienced similar problems/issues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    How long since trans. and diff fluid changes?

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    How long since trans. and diff fluid changes?
    trans and diff fluids have never been changed. the car has 20k miles...dealer told me they would rec. this service around 25k and that changing these fluids would not help the issue as i describe it...

Was there a problem with the alignment before you got new tires? Are all four tires the same brand, size and model?
    The rear tires should only get power when they are going slower than the front tires AFAIK.
    Did your crv always do this or just since the alignment and new tires?
    Buffalo4
    PS: Poor alignment and/or suspension problems can cause problems when you go over ice or other slippery surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo4 View Post
    Was there a problem with the alignment before you got new tires? Are all four tires the same brand, size and model?
    The rear tires should only get power when they are going slower than the front tires AFAIK.
    Did your crv always do this or just since the alignment and new tires?
    Buffalo4
    PS: Poor alignment and/or suspension problems can cause problems when you go over ice or other slippery surfaces.
    thanks for your response...yes i had this problem prior to purchasing tires/alignment. i was hoping the new tires/alignment would fix the problem. new tires are identical...

Quote Originally Posted by caseydylan View Post
    trans and diff fluids have never been changed. the car has 20k miles...dealer told me they would rec. this service around 25k and that changing these fluids would not help the issue as i describe it...
    The reason I asked was I had the same problem with a 2007 and I subsequently changed the two fluids and this winter there has bee no problem.

Was your alignment done on 4 wheels (at Honda)?

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements