Engine mis-fire
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engine mis-fire

crv|oc Rank: Member

Engine mis-fire

Hello, I've recently bought a 2001 CRV. After a couple of months now it developed a miss. Parts store coded it as cylinder 1 and 3. replaced the plugs, (the ones in the engine were visibly shot), the plug wires, the rotor and cap. The check engine light did not re-appear...yet, but I still feel the engine running roughly while in drive with the brake on. It seems to run smooth at idle in park. Also it accelerates smoothly and seems to run smoothly at highway speed. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Check the codes asap, but I think it may just need a valve adjustment, or idle air control valve cleaning. Sometimes a bad coil in the distributor can do this as well. Was the fuel filter done at 100k and 200k? If not, do that too. Cheapo and easy, but get the oem one.

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Hi, thanks for your advice. I apologize for not responding in a timely fashion. My crv was put on the back burner in order to work on my sons car. The check engine light came back on. I've had some work done to it to the tune of $300 and some change. But the check engine light reappears, but I "think" the rough idle is better. I've had two mechanics work on it.One at the dealership adjusted the valves,said they were tight and cleaned the fuel injection system. The rough idle was the same and the light came back on. I took it to him twice and he was at a loss as to what it could be. Second mechanic pulled codes 301-302-303-304 and 1399. Says "maybe" I need new injectors at $200 apiece. Are re-manufactured (cheaper) injectors ok?

And I just realized he didn't discuss what the 1399 code is. Tomorrow I'll get the codes pulled at O'reilly's. And regroup.

Any more ideas... anybody..???

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Get the codes first and then come back. It could also be a plugged cat converter, bad O2 sensors.
    I doubt the injectors need replacement. Other things are the ignition coil and the ignitor or just a worn out distributor or even a bad connection somewhere.
    One very informative test is the compression test and leakdown test. They will tell you if you have burnt valves.
    Buffalo4

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements