Strange noise 98 CR-V
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange noise 98 CR-V

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore

Strange noise 98 CR-V

Hi guys, been away for awhile since I gave the Grandson the CR-V...He called me this morning,and advised he had a "clunking" noise when turning.
    Went over and test drove it.Finally was able to duplicate the issue.It seems to be coming from the rear end,and only in tight turns.I can "feel" a slight jerking when it makes the noise.
    I would have figured(with what he described) that it was on the front.
    I have been out of the CR-V business for so long,a diagnosis is hard to come up with...Need some advice.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Alan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Is this an awd model? if so change out rear diff. fluid with gen. honda dual pumpII fluid

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    I agree with tyjoja. It takes around 1.1 qts and it is a job that you can do yourself. There are some witeups and videos on how to do it.
    Buffalo4
    PS: Since you will probably have to buy two quarts of it, I would do a complete drain an fill, do the 'burnishing' of the clutches (driving in slow wheel lock circles in each direction, around 6 circles each way) and then do another complete drain and fill and use some of the freshly drained fluid to top it off.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks guys!...Actually that came to mind when I drove it,but was worried it may be something more serious.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    It could be something more serious, but for under $25 in parts, it would still be a good IDEA to just change the rear diffy fluid.
    Buffalo
    PS: Hopefully that will solve it.

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements