Is this Sound Normal on 2013 Honda CR-V??
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this Sound Normal on 2013 Honda CR-V??

crv|oc Rank: Member

Is this Sound Normal on 2013 Honda CR-V??

Hey guys,

I just traded in my 2007 CR-V for a 2013. So far I love it.

On the ride home from work, my wife said she was concerned about a sound she heard. The sound came on when we accelerated from a stop with the Air Conditioner on. To me, it sounded like the compressor was working extra hard while the engine was in lower gear.

Personally, it didn't bother me, but I do admit the air conditioning system on the 2013 does sound different than the system on the 2007.

I thought I would post and see what others had to say, to reassure my wife and myself.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

I don't think I've heard anything unusual with the air conditioner on.

Here's a thread about the noise. Sure hope someone gets it diagnosed...it's aggravating.
    2012 CRV EX-L buzzing noise on acceleration when AC is on

I have not heard any sound in my A/C

Thanks for the link on the buzzing AC sound. That looks like the sound my wife heard. I don't think it's abnormal, since it directly matches the gears of the transmission... just my 2 cents.

We just bought a new crv 2013 and have heard the whistling noise mentioned in previous years. Went to the dealer and they didn't admit that there was anything there. I've tried throwing the car in neutral while at 45 mph to see if that would change the noise. It doesn't. That seems to leave it to be either a tire, brake, AC or air problem. I'm betting on a complicated undercarriage problem. Doesn't bother me too much, but didn't expect this from Honda. I've had both Honda and Toyota in the past and never had this problem. I expect we will get used to it someday. Not so bad as to piss me off yet. Anyone who has an idea on cause please post.

Have you received an answer or fix to your ac noise problem when accelerating? I just purchased a new 2013 CR-V with this exact issue. I'm just not sure if I should be concerned or not given it doesn't affect the performance of the vehicle, it's more of a nuisance.

9. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements