Code P0171, P0300....
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Code P0171, P0300....

crv|oc Rank: Member

Question Code P0171, P0300....

I bought 2001 CRV last year and after 2 days driving, the " malfunction Indicator Lamp" is ON (sb. call it Check Engine Light). I tried to open fuel filling cap and took 3 times driving, the Lamp disapeared. But it came back again after a few days. sometimes the lamp disapeared after I filled up fuel tank. I was thinking the problem is fuel filling cap, so I changed it 2 monthes ago. The lamp disapeared. But last week, I added a bottle of Fuel Injector Cleaner into fuel tank, and the Lamp came back again. No matter what I do, open cap, fill up gas, it is still there. I use OBD II to check it, and got 5 codes:
    P0171 System too lean (bank 1);
    P0301 Cylinder #1 misfire detected;
    P0303 Clinder #3 misfire detected;
    P0304 Cylinder #4 misfire detected;
    P0300 Random misfire.

then I changed Fuel filter, but the Lamp is still there.
    The driving is not too bad.

Thanks for helping!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    If you have not had your valves adjusted in say the last 30-40K miles then adjust your valves and do it or get it done quickly. Russ
    98 V 200K miles

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    X2.......You have some of the classic symptoms of tight exhaust valves. Stalling comes next. Don't let it get that far. Could be other things but tight valves have the most potential for serious (costly) damage.
    Last edited by tsmithvt; 04-11-2008 at 09:27 AM.

Only P0303 now

Thanks a lot!

After changing fuel filter, there is only one code P0303 (cylingder #3 misfire detedted) now. 2 times. Any advice?

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by gangzhang View Post
    Thanks a lot!

After changing fuel filter, there is only one code P0303 (cylingder #3 misfire detedted) now. 2 times. Any advice?
    The fuel filter, in all likelihood, did not need to be changed.

Adjust the valves, IMMEDIATELY before you do serious damage to the engine (cylinder head).
    99 V 151k miles, 04 V 62k miles - Both red, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by gangzhang View Post
    I bought 2001 CRV last year and after 2 days driving, the " malfunction Indicator Lamp" is ON (sb. call it Check Engine Light). I tried to open fuel filling cap and took 3 times driving, the Lamp disapeared. But it came back again after a few days. sometimes the lamp disapeared after I filled up fuel tank. I was thinking the problem is fuel filling cap, so I changed it 2 monthes ago. The lamp disapeared. But last week, I added a bottle of Fuel Injector Cleaner into fuel tank, and the Lamp came back again. No matter what I do, open cap, fill up gas, it is still there. I use OBD II to check it, and got 5 codes:
    P0171 System too lean (bank 1);
    P0301 Cylinder #1 misfire detected;
    P0303 Clinder #3 misfire detected;
    P0304 Cylinder #4 misfire detected;
    P0300 Random misfire.

then I changed Fuel filter, but the Lamp is still there.
    The driving is not too bad.

Thanks for helping!
    What kind of Fuel injector cleaner? I don't know about the '01, but my book on the '05 tells us not to use anything that contains manganese.
    "Use of gasoline with tese additives may adversely affect performance, and cause the Malfunction Indicator Lamp..."

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements