slow starting
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: slow starting

crv|oc Rank: Junior

slow starting

I have had my 06 for 2 months and 4 times it has taken longer to start than usual.In the quick start guide it says "at times,the engine may take longer to start than usual,the engine management software is working to reduce emissions at start up".My question is how does cranking your engine longer reduce emissions?Usually I turn the key and it starts right away but the 4 times it did not I cranked it for 5 to 6 seconds.
    Jim in TO

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by tcturner View Post
    I have had my 06 for 2 months and 4 times it has taken longer to start than usual.In the quick start guide it says "at times,the engine may take longer to start than usual,the engine management software is working to reduce emissions at start up".My question is how does cranking your engine longer reduce emissions?Usually I turn the key and it starts right away but the 4 times it did not I cranked it for 5 to 6 seconds.
    Jim in TO
    My best guess is that it could be adjusting timing and fuel during that period.

Are you a insert the key and rapidly turn to START type of person? Or, do you turn to ON, wait until you hear the fuel pump quit and then turn to START?

Honda's like the latter.
    99 V 151k miles, 04 V 62k miles - Both red, of course.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    I am a put in and turn key .I will try your way.Thanks
    Jim in TO

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements