leaking water pipe
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: leaking water pipe

crv|oc Rank: Member

leaking water pipe

I recently drove offroad, which I never normally do, and heard a bang from I think the front engine, car then smelt for a few km and then their is a little drip of water coming from a pipe at rear of engine bay, about 3 inch pipe .

drove for a further 50 km car seems ok but water still dripping slowly from pipe, even with engine turned off.

whats the pipe, where does the water come from

have I wrecked my crv?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver

A/C Drain Off

This is a guess, but is it the drain for the air conditioning? Mine drips quite a stream.

Not sure what you mean by 3"? Is it 3 inches long? It is probably the A/C drain. Is it 3" in diameter? Don't have a clue!

The smelling after the bang does not sound good. If the dripping is coming from the A/C drain, that is normal. What sort of smell? Any steam or smoke?
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Smile

thanls for the reply, I was thinking that the 2 things might not be connected!

the bang, didn't sound like engine, more one popping sound, a boink, might have been some thing suspensionish but didn't sound like rock on engine/car

then i drove down a steep tarmac road into town which is when I had the smell for about 3 mins, a burning smell, but not oil, could it have been the 4wd kicking, is their a clutch system for it?

the dripping pipe i hope is just ac overflow.

the pipe is 3 inches long, about 3/4 inch wide and i think you might be right, i have just driven from the uk to southern spain, tarifa, and it is hot and humid, which is why it might be dripping, not like in london where the AC doesn't need to come on.

the stoopid bit is I have just driven 1500 miles through france and spain and the crv has been great, then I spot a nice high vista and decide I should go offroad to have a look

got me to my guesthouse though,
    banti tarifa soul food : music : guest house : good friends

so now having a smoothie looking out at morocco and watching kitesurfers on the windy atlantic coast.

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doobydoovy View Post

so now having a smoothie looking out at morocco and watching kitesurfers on the windy Atlantic coast.
    You are making us jealous!
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

update: image of the broken bit causing the clonking sound

ok so looked under the car again and its the connecting bolt/rod that holds together two suspension type arms

see the image, can't remember the name

I think I had the right one replaced for the UK MOT and this time its the left

any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by doobydoovy View Post
    ok so looked under the car again and its the connecting bolt/rod that holds together two suspension type arms
    see the image, can't remember the name
    I think I had the right one replaced for the UK MOT and this time its the left
    any ideas?
    Sway bar end link.

San Leandro Honda Online Parts
    Part #4

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements