Hail damage!!!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hail damage!!!

crv|oc Rank: Member

Unhappy Hail damage!!!

I know there's not much I can ask for advice through the forum, but my poor little V is only just a week old and a hailstorm came through last night and beat up Cedric the CR-V!

I called the insurance company (30 minute wait time) so I'm waiting for them to call me back. I know it'll be fixed in no time, but it's so sad looking at the little dents all over my poor baby.
    poptarts

Cedric the CR-V
    Birthdate: May 7, 2008

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear about the damage to your new CRV. Find a reputable shop that performs paintless dent removal (pdr). On one of my old cars about 6 months after purchased also received a good beating by hail. After the pdr process was done, I could hardly tell that it even went through all of that damage. The only pieces that had small dents were plastic black trim pieces that I had to look real close to see the damage anyway, no big deal. Good luck in getting your CRV fixed.
    I love my Royal Blue Pearl 07 CRV EX-L. My father's 1969 Dodge Charger is the only yellow car that I ever liked!

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Damn! You are the saddest new member!

I am going to propose to the board of directors that we remove "saddest new member" status from Schenley (he is starting to warm up to those 50 dollar fill ups once a week verses 100 dollar fill up every 3 days--I heard he made an appointment to a tattoo shop) and grant it to you!

Bad luck! Hope you get it fixed OK.

Post a photo. It will help us all put door dings and rock chips in perspective.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

bummer. it is so sad, since your vehicle is so new.

my V was about three years old (still belonged to my mom), when it was caught in a rare & vicious hail storm in WY. the damage was so bad, they had to cut off the roof and replace it. every ding was repaired, you cannot even tell about the roof (no rattles or ugly scars, etc... i don't know how they do it), she got a fresh front windshield out of the deal, and the paint job still looks better than new.

i hope everything works out perfectly for you in the end.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    I am going to propose to the board of directors that we remove "saddest new member" status from Schenley (he is starting to warm up to those 50 dollar fill ups once a week verses 100 dollar fill up every 3 days--I heard he made an appointment to a tattoo shop) and grant it to you!

Bad luck! Hope you get it fixed OK.

Post a photo. It will help us all put door dings and rock chips in perspective.
    Ha I remember about 6 months ago it used to barley be 30 bucks for a fill up. By the way poptarts I gotta give it to you awesome car name I think it beats out Ellen as a fav

I've been so sad, I haven't been on here in a while.

Here are a couple of photos... I went to an adjustor on Monday and said it costs about $4500 worth of damage, at least. Once I get it into a body shop and they examine it a little bit more... it may cost more than that.

WAAAAH!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    poptarts

Cedric the CR-V
    Birthdate: May 7, 2008

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements