How to fill & recharge AC on 2004 CR-V
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to fill & recharge AC on 2004 CR-V

crv|oc Rank: Member

Unhappy How to fill & recharge AC on 2004 CR-V

Can anybody help me with information on how to fill and recharge my air conditioning my 2004 CR-V? Please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lkgsuffoletta View Post
    Can anybody help me with information on how to fill and recharge my air conditioning my 2004 CR-V? Please?
    If it just needs a little gas (Freon) you can buy one of the recharge kits available for that purpose. Get one with A GAUGE (not just a hose).

The instructions come with the kit. You hook it up to the Low side valve (marked "L", Duh) until the pressure is "normal".

If you had a catastrophic failure you should bring the car to an air conditioning shop where they can check for leaks and properly evacuate and recharge the system.

PS: Have you replaced the cabin filter within the past year? A dirty or clogged filter can reduce A/C effectiveness.
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Good Point On The Pollen Filter

Carbuff, excellent point on the pollen filter! Try that before recharging the A/C. The other excellent point Carbuff makes is the word catastrophic. There have been a number of compressor lock ups on the gen 2 Vs. If you V had a lock up, don't waste your time trying to recharge the AC, it needs major work and may fall under goodwill consideration from Honda. Search the threads in this site under compressor lockups.

Welcome to the club, and good luck with your repair.
    Last edited by Black Pearl; 06-24-2008 at 08:43 PM.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    If lkgsuffoletta had a catastrophic compressor failure, I think his query might have been different. Parts falling off your V are not fun! (or common)
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements