thermostat location in 99 crv?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: thermostat location in 99 crv?

crv|oc Rank: Member

thermostat location in 99 crv?

Hello, I just wanted to verify the location of the thermostat, as I can't find verification anywhere else. I know it's located where one of the radiator hoses meets the engine block, I just don't know if it's the upper or lower hose. Thank you very much for any assistance with this

My mom's car began overheating yesterday and when refilled with coolant, it sucks it dry in no time, so we're just spitballing possible solutions. There are no visible leaks, so we figured maybe the thermostat needs to be changed?
    Last edited by UNBRE4K4BLE; 06-29-2008 at 12:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Welcome To The Club!

I can't help you with the exact location of the thermostat, other than to say it is usually where the upper radiator hose goes into the engine. But, I don't know on a 99 CR-V. There are members here who can help you though. It would be helpful if you listed your location. The CR-V is sold throughout the world and there are differences in various countries.

Good luck with your problem, and welcome to the club!
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

“Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.” W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by UNBRE4K4BLE View Post
    Hello, I just wanted to verify the location of the thermostat, as I can't find verification anywhere else. I know it's located where one of the radiator hoses meets the engine block, I just don't know if it's the upper or lower hose. Thank you very much for any assistance with this

My mom's car began overheating yesterday and when refilled with coolant, it sucks it dry in no time, so we're just spitballing possible solutions. There are no visible leaks, so we figured maybe the thermostat needs to be changed?
    The thermostat housing is at the engine end of the LOWER radiator hose. The linked illustration may help but it doesn't begin to do the location justice. It's under everything. I would attach a photograph but it wouldn't help because you can't see the housing down below the distributer.

San Leandro Honda Online Parts

The thermostat is part #3.

While your at it, be sure coolant isn't getting into the oil. Check the dipstick or remove the oil filler cap and look for thick light brown deposits or frothing (if the engine has been run recently). Check the exhaust pipe for coolant or a sweet smell when the engine is running. When all is said and done (thermostat change or what ever might be required), make sure the cooling system is free of air because air in the system can affect the basic operation of the engine from the ECU/ECM temp signal to torque converter lockup.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Last edited by tsmithvt; 06-29-2008 at 05:52 PM.

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Excellent Reply!

Thank God for Smitty. He is one of the guys that can help you out here.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

“Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.” W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

MECP Audio Expert
    beat me to it!

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements