1997 Driver Door Lock Problem.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1997 Driver Door Lock Problem.

crv|oc Rank: Member

1997 Driver Door Lock Problem.

I have a 1997 V. The driver side door lock is locked closed and I can't get it open to take the inside panel off to get to the actuator. It will not unlock with the key, power lock switch or nothing. I am about to go nuts and and Iwould rather not carry it to a dealer. Any ideas on getting it open

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Take the inside door release lever panel off, and push the lever rod all the way to the rear. The latch assembly gets corroded, and when the pull lever cannot return fully to the 'rest' position, the latch assembly will not operate.

If it is too corroded to move, you may need to pull the top of the inner door panel up and off far enough to reach down into the latch assembly with a long screwdriver to force the linkage back.
    Success is 99% failure
    -Soichiro Honda

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    -Winston Churchill

Motorcycle Riding in West Virginia

Thanks, but that did not work. ( If I did it correctly). I then took the other side off to see what makes it work to allow it to open. The little piece that flips back and forth when the knob is pulled up and pushed down doesn't seem to do the same on the drivers side. I tried to pull it it forward with a clothes hanger and could got it to half unlocked but could not get it any further.

Okay, I got the door open. I fought the linkages off the actuator. I unbolted the rear window support and took the actuator out. I found that the spring on it was broken. I hope this is the only problem. I will post up when I get to that point. Now I have a ratchet strap holding the door closed. Roof Rack to frame. Did I mention I am from the south?

Holy Thread resurrection!!

I'm new here (first post), and I have the same problem with my wife's 2000 CRV, but I can't get the inside door release lever panel off. I took out the screw, but the plate won't come off. I tried slipping a screw driver in from the top and prying, but it doesn't want to come off.

Does anyone have a diagram so I can see what I am dealing with? I don't think the wife want's to keep getting in and out via the passenger door!

Any help would be appreciated!

Kevin

Holy Thread resurrection!!

I have a 97 and it is probably similar.

To remove the inside door handle you have to slide it forward and it will then come out.

Then just release the clip on the activator rod and the whole handle assy. will come right out.

Good luck.

Passenger side door lock

[
    Same problem. But mine is the passenger door lock . The electronic unlocking does not activate the door lock although you can manually unlock it. Any thoughts on how it can be fixed ??. My car is 1999 year.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    You mention electric unlock, but don't mention if you are talking about the switch inside or the remote on the keys.

The remote on the keys requires 1 click to open the driver's door and 2 clicks to open the rest.

fcs
    My drivers lock would work manually (key or button) but not electrically (remote or switch). Key or button would lock just the drivers doors, not the rest. It turned out to be a broken wire within the bundle between door and chassis. So that is another thing to consider.

Question How did you get the door open? and incatation?

Quote Originally Posted by bowtoot View Post
    Okay, I got the door open. I fought the linkages off the actuator. I unbolted the rear window support and took the actuator out. I found that the spring on it was broken. I hope this is the only problem.
    Hi bowtoot, how did you get the door open? I probably have the same problem, nothing will open the door, neither inner latch, outer door handle, key, or lock button will work.
    Door appears to be solidly latched and locked. Cannot get inner panel off without major structural revisions. Am pulling on little brass tab in the top of the latch, while trying to lift lock button, with no results. Mick (sakiventure) in OZ suggested pushing a plastic thingy, but his is a 99.
    So any suggestions on opening the door are much appreciated.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements