2002 CRV DTC P1457 Issue I cannot resolve
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2002 CRV DTC P1457 Issue I cannot resolve

crv|oc Rank: Member

2002 CRV DTC P1457 Issue I cannot resolve

I have a 2002 CRV with 60k miles that has the check engine light on with a DTC of P1457. I have replaced the “fuel vent module” and “vent shut valve” clearing the code after each repair. But each time after one day of driving the check engine light comes back on with the same P1457 code. Any help with next steps would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Was anything done before this happened? i.e. repair work?

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by hokie79 View Post
    I have a 2002 CRV with 60k miles that has the check engine light on with a DTC of P1457. I have replaced the “fuel vent module” and “vent shut valve” clearing the code after each repair. But each time after one day of driving the check engine light comes back on with the same P1457 code. Any help with next steps would be appreciated
    I believe you need to read the following thread (particularly the "Honda Tech" posts). It's probably not what you want to hear but it is the best discussion of P1457 I have seen.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/t2616/

Quote Originally Posted by otto888man View Post
    Was anything done before this happened? i.e. repair work?
    The pre-cat oxygen cell was replaced shortly before this code appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmithvt View Post
    I believe you need to read the following thread (particularly the "Honda Tech" posts). It's probably not what you want to hear but it is the best discussion of P1457 I have seen.

I failed to mention that I took it to the dealer after I replaced the fuel vent module and they recommended replacing the vent shut valve and EVAP canister. I decided not to replace the canister as I believe the only reason they suggested to replace it was because the screws holding the valve on were very difficult to remove and took a lot of time which they would have been reluctant to do. Thus I believe they would just have replaced both parts. I do admit this is an assumtion on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmithvt View Post

Thanks for the link. Please see my other reply to your post.

Same P1457 problem

Quote Originally Posted by hokie79 View Post
    Mine is a 2003 CRV and the check engine light is on also. I had the update valve & hoses installed per TSB but P1457 still reoccures. If you have found the problem would love to know what your problem was. The car is due for inspection in November and won't pass in NY with the check engine light on.
    Thanks!

Problem has not been found as of yet. Light still on.

Quote Originally Posted by mech View Post
    Mine is a 2003 CRV and the check engine light is on also. I had the update valve & hoses installed per TSB but P1457 still reoccures. If you have found the problem would love to know what your problem was. The car is due for inspection in November and won't pass in NY with the check engine light on.
    Thanks!
    I have not found the problem yet and my light is still on. I am not sure what my next step will be. I am thinking about replacing the canister. Did you replace the canister??

My 2004 CRV has a check engine light on after I replaced the air filter. I have re-checked the hoses and everything seems fine. What do you recomend me to look after?

11. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements