07 rear diff problem - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 07 rear diff problem

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Hmmm... having the rear differential replaced on a pretty much new vehicle sounds like possibly the lemon law could be put into play. Or at least as said above notify honda corporate and shoot for an extended warranty. You shouldn't be having such a large problem so early in the life of the vehicle obviously.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

My CRV was at the dealer (my choice) for two weeks waiting for the parts to arrive from Japan.

We bought an 07 in December 06 and within 800 miles we had the rear diff issue as well. Seems like Honda is not addressing this issue properly as we also had to wait two weeks for backordered parts. The dealer also messed up as they never informaed us when the parts arrived. One I called and found that the parts were there I was able to drop the v off and get it back the next afternoon. No problems since.

Honda if you are listening, 2 strikes with the first 1500 miles!!!

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by mdgalv
    We bought an 07 in December 06 and within 800 miles we had the rear diff issue as well. Seems like Honda is not addressing this issue properly as we also had to wait two weeks for backordered parts. The dealer also messed up as they never informaed us when the parts arrived. One I called and found that the parts were there I was able to drop the v off and get it back the next afternoon. No problems since.

Honda if you are listening, 2 strikes with the first 1500 miles!!!
    Did you call Honda Corporate and advise them that you are worried about "long-term reliability" of the rear differential and ask for an extended warranty?
    Many have received a free HondaCare 7 year 120k mile extended warranty covering the entire vehicle.

Big Hint: Be nice and polite and sound concerned when you call. Mention your past loyalty to Honda and how many honda's you have owned. You might just get lucky.
    99 V 151k miles, 04 V 62k miles - Both red, of course.

2RedV's,

After reading some the these posts I may do that. Worst case I get nothing for making a 15 minute phone call right.

Thanks

Demand a rental car

I have had no problems yet with my 2007 CRV LX but when at the dealer I did talk to someone that had his differential replaced (found out later they only replaced the fluid) with only 900 miles on it. He said that most dealers instead of letting customers have a loaner vehicle are renting one from local car rentals. If they are repairing your CRV, demand the same type of vehicle which then would more than likely be a loaner off the lot. Why drive around in a cramped small car when you could have better? One way to get a dealer to do what you want is to create a fuss wile other customers are around and even threaten to call the police which would require a report filled out with names.

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze8371
    I have had no problems yet with my 2007 CRV LX but when at the dealer I did talk to someone that had his differential replaced (found out later they only replaced the fluid) with only 900 miles on it. He said that most dealers instead of letting customers have a loaner vehicle are renting one from local car rentals. If they are repairing your CRV, demand the same type of vehicle which then would more than likely be a loaner off the lot. Why drive around in a cramped small car when you could have better? One way to get a dealer to do what you want is to create a fuss wile other customers are around and even threaten to call the police which would require a report filled out with names.
    Calling the police and making a scene would sure you help in the long run as you try to establish a good working relationship with the service department.

What would the police do? Arrest YOU for being an a$$? There's no law that says a dealer has to give you any particular type of vehicle.

Complaining to Honda Corporate would be the right way to go about it.
    99 V 151k miles, 04 V 62k miles - Both red, of course.

Tsb #

For anyone stumbling onto this topic, I found this information on honda-tech.com:

S/B 07-024

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Here's the actual TSB. Fluid replacement and burnishing the plates should be sufficient. I would not expect a rear diff replacement (unless the dealer is really ignorant of this issue and then I'd expect Honda to push back).
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements