Replace Windshield Wiper Inserts 07 CR-V?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replace Windshield Wiper Inserts 07 CR-V?

crv|oc Rank: Member

Replace Windshield Wiper Inserts 07 CR-V?

I am trying to replace wiper blade inserts of my 07 CR-V. However, I couldn't figure out how to remove the insert. I removed the blades and tried to find out how to remove the inserts from the blades. I couldn't figure it out.

I also have a 08 Civic which I didn't need any instruction to replace wiper blade inserts.

Thanks a lot for any hint I might get!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Once you have the blades off the arms, the rubber part (with the embedded metal thin supports) just pulls out of the arm. One end of the rubber part has "bumps" which lock it into the blade. Just pull.

Keep track of metal supports go on which side of the replacement rubber. One of them has a notch near the end that matches up with a bump in the grove of the replacement rubber. The metal supports aren't identical.

There are instructions in your owners manual. Page 285 or there abouts.

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mymrh1 View Post
    I am trying to replace wiper blade inserts of my 07 CR-V. However, I couldn't figure out how to remove the insert. I removed the blades and tried to find out how to remove the inserts from the blades.
    Page 285 and 286 of the 07 owner's manual have detailed instructions for replacing wiper inserts.

2007 Glacier Blue EX

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I have an 06 and don't know if they're the same, but I just replaced the inserts. I remember having trouble getting the first one out, was afraid I might break something if I pulled too hard. After some squeezing and tugging it came right out. The other one came out easily once I knew it wouldn't break or tear. The instructions look the same.

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements