VSA light is on
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VSA light is on

rtr
    crv|oc Rank: Member

VSA light is on

07 CRV LX 4wd 58K miles

Was driving it today and the VSA activiation (triangle) and VSA system indicator (letters VSA) came on and stayed on. Turning the car off and back on the lights went off for a few miles but came back on. Didn't try the VSA switch at this time. Restarted car after it had sat for a bit and lights didn't come back on immediately, hitting VSA switch results in a beep and VSA activation (triangle) coming on, hitting it again results in triangle going out.

CEL is NOT on.
    TPMS light is NOT on.
    Car has non OEM tires that have been on for approximately 20K miles without any problems.

So ideas what the problem is or things to check to diagnose?
    Last edited by rtr; 03-20-2009 at 02:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Try doing a reset. Disconnect battery for a minute, this will clear the code ( light ). If the light comes back then take it auto zone or dealer to have the code read.

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Welcome To The Club!

It has been a bad week for 07 CR-Vs. Got a couple of serious engine problems now this. I note you said 58K. I am not sure for how long the VSA is covered but your drive train is about to go of warranty for mileage. I looked in the warranty book and VSA is not mentioned either way.

Under the heading of stupid things that people on car forums say, add this this comment. Check your brake fluid level. If it is close to the add line add some fluid. (Use only Honda Dot 3 Fluid). Also there was a thread about the master cylinder filter clogging or something to that effect on an older V. There may even be a TSB about it. Yeah, I know that shouldn't effect VSA, but it just jumped in my mind. So check the brake fluid. If it is OK, copy and paste this paragraph into stupid things said on car forums. If for some totally wild reason it is the cause of the problem then you may have to thank the blue light aliens for transmitting a weird thought into my simple skull.

Good luck with your problem and welcome to the club.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

rtr
    I'll check the fluid, thanks for the tip.

I disconnected the battery which cleared the lights for a bit but then they returned.

Any other ideas?

I looked up the diagnostics on the VSA. There are quite a few things it could be. I suggest you take it and have the dealer hook up the computer and see what the actual DTC ( diagnostic trouble code ) is. That way they, we, or I can narrow it down.

rtr
    Took it to Autozone to have the code read.

Using an OBD II scanner the employee plugged it into the connector while the car was running, nothing showed up on the scanner (ie totally blank screen). He tried a second identical scanner, same result.

The radio also doesn't work now, ie nothing showing on the screen pushing power does nothing etc.

Looks like not all OBD II scanners work on all cars, could that be the situation here?
    Last edited by rtr; 03-21-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Your Radio Is Not Working

Sorry I meant to mention to you to make sure that you had your radio security code before you pulled the battery cable, but it got blasted out of my pitiful little brain by the alien influenced brake fluid thought. You have to re-enter the code for the radio to work.

The device will read codes but not all codes are standard throughout the industry. The dealer is the best bet.

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

rtr
    The radio isn't asking for the code, it's just totally blank on the screen, I disconnected the battery and that didn't fix the radio problem.

See Page 205 Of Your Manual

See page 205 of your manual. You have to turn the radio on. It should then display Enter Code in the frequency clock display. If it is totally dark, check the fuses (although that seems far fetched). Does the clock work?

rtr
    See page 205 of your manual. You have to turn the radio on. It should then display Enter Code in the frequency clock display. If it is totally dark, check the fuses (although that seems far fetched). Does the clock work?
    Hitting the power button on the radio doesn't do anything. There is nothing displayed on the radio, no clock no nothing. I checked what I think is the radio fuse (labeled hi-pwr or something on the fuse case top) and it wasn't blown.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements