Door Locks Don't Work. HELP!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Door Locks Don't Work. HELP!

hex
    crv|oc Rank: Member

Door Locks Don't Work. HELP!

When I tried to lock the CR-V using the remote, it didn't do its usual honking sound that tells the owner that the car has been locked. When I walked up to the car, I noticed that the driver's lock wasn't even able to go down, even when I tried pushing it down. All the other locks work (passengers, trunk). It's a 2003 Honda CR-V. Help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

If you hold the handle (inside the door) open, and try to push the lock down, does it work then?

hex
    I think I've tried that. Any other suggestions?

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    The solenoid that pulls or pushes the button and actually locks the mechanism near the latch.

Is it affecting one, only the front or all 4 doors?

-Rg

hex
    Only the front, driver's door doesn't lock. Other than that, it's fine. For now, we're using the key itself to lock the door, which is an inconvenience.

It could just be the mechanism inside the door is bound up because of corrosion. I had this problem on my first 01 CRV that my niece now has. Mine was on the back door. Come to find out later the CRV had some body work done on it and the panel seal under the door liner was no longer there. So that particular door got alot of moisture on all the mechanisms. With some wd-40, I was able to get everything moving again.

Now on my current 01 CRV, I removed all my door liners on all my doors and used lithium grease on my regulators and lock mechanisms, to keep everything running smooth. I also used spray lithium in the window runchannels so the windows go up and down smoothly. This seems to be another issue with the older vehicles. Use this spray sparingly.

It could be this also:

The car believes you have a door open somewhere. This is a feature so you don't lock your keys inside your car.

Put the keys in your ignition and put them to the second position so your dash lights come on. Now close all your doors, on the dash, does the door open indicator show any doors open? You might have a bad door switch on one of your doors or one of them might be out of adjustment to where the vehicle thinks the door is open.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I have the same problem. I just checked - the remote doesn't work and the door ajar is not on when I'm in the car with the key turned forward. It appears to be the solenoid. Any ideas on how much to fix/replace this unit? Is that my only option?
    2010 CR-V EX-L Navi 4wd - Taffeta White - 35% front window tint - All season mats - Cargo tray - OEM foglights - Front splash guards - Engine cover upgrade
    2002 CR-V EX 4wd - Satin Silver Metallic - 20% front window tint - Cargo tray - OEM foglights - Front splash guards
    2007 Acura MDX Tech/Ent. - Nimbus Gray - 20% front window tint - All season mats - Cargo tray

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    If it's just bound up as in your case - how exactly do you get the panel off? Special tools needed? Is there a DIY?
    2010 CR-V EX-L Navi 4wd - Taffeta White - 35% front window tint - All season mats - Cargo tray - OEM foglights - Front splash guards - Engine cover upgrade
    2002 CR-V EX 4wd - Satin Silver Metallic - 20% front window tint - Cargo tray - OEM foglights - Front splash guards
    2007 Acura MDX Tech/Ent. - Nimbus Gray - 20% front window tint - All season mats - Cargo tray

Soleniod? Not sure what part your talking about.

Try this, keys in hand and all the doors closed. Leave the driver's window down. Now reach in and try locking the doors with the switch on the drivers door. Does the drivers door lock?

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements