Cruise control stopped, Fuse??
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cruise control stopped, Fuse??

crv|oc Rank: Member

Cruise control stopped, Fuse??

My wife says she spilled a little water on her steering wheel and her cruise control stopped working that afternoon, the green dash light comes on but cruise does not engage. I checked the fuses under the hood and under the steering column, all are fine, any ideas? I heard a brake pedal solenoid could be faulty too.

2002 crv 56,000miles
    Last edited by krienhart; 10-09-2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: more info

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Yes the brake switch does cause the cruise not to work. But in your case, if the cruise quit working the same day water was spilled on the steering wheel, that's probably the problem. Is your cruise set button on the wheel itself? I cant' recall what the 02 steering wheel looks like. But if moisture got on the terminal of the cruise set button, it may cause it not to work.

Relays to check will be #7, in the relay box under the hood. #4 in the fuse box, under the dash.
    Last edited by tkcr; 10-10-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Found a pic of the cruise set button. the water may have damaged the switch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smile CRV Cruise Control Issue

Hi, I had similar problem with my '06 model. After thinking it was a bad connection on steering wheel buttons, it turned out to be dodgy sensor under clutch pedal.

Now, I just gently raise the clutch pedal with my foot before engaging cruise and problem solved.

Hope it's as simple for you.

T

Thank you both

Taking it to the stealer next week.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by krienhart View Post
    Taking it to the stealer next week.
    Stealer

haha Good luck!

Andrew
    --Click HERE to see my V--

Did you end up solving the issue?

My 02 has lost its cruise function as well, about the same time the brake pedal switch went out. I replaced the brake pedal switch and brake lights function great now, as well as the shifter, but cruise no longer functions. Green light comes on on dash button, but no response from steering wheel controls...
    Any ideas?

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    The brake light switch has an adjustment range, try backing off the adjustment so the brake lights come on just a little later in the pedal travel. Hope this might help!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue12EXL View Post
    The brake light switch has an adjustment range, try backing off the adjustment so the brake lights come on just a little later in the pedal travel. Hope this might help!
    Thanks for the tip.
    I was actually pondering about that adjustment too, but figured that if the brake lights were working properly, so should the cruise or anything else attached to it. But, definitely sounds like it's worth a try. I'll see if I can get to that tonight and post up my results.

11. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements